This march looked like it was going to be huge before it even began at 5:30 PM tonight, what with eight choppers above the staging area.
Click to expand:
Local pols Bevan Dufty, Jose Cisneros and Carole Migden were last seen heading towards the march. This one had the look of having tens of thousands of participants, when all is said and done.
To be continued…
UPDATE: CHeck out the Comments section for the test of some of the signs, courtesy of petshop grrl:
“- IT’S ABOUT C-I-V-I-L MARRIAGE, STUPID
– WANT ACCESS TO 100% MARRIAGE NOT 90% CIVIL UNION
– STOP READING THE BIBLE W-R-O-N-G
(STOP READING THE BIBLE G-N-O-R-W)
– THE COURTS ARE THERE TO PROTECT MINORITIES
– EVERYONE STRUGGLES FOR CIVIL RIGHTS
– SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE
– WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY, CALIFORNIA
– RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY HAS NO PLACE IN CIVIL LAW
– MY MOMMY IS “CIVIL-UNIONED”… GREAAAT
– “I’M MARRIED” “I’M CIVIL-UNIONED”:
IT SURE FEEELS DIFFERENT, DOESN’T IT?
– MARRIAGE ALWAYS WAS A CIVIL CONTRACT — NOT RELIGIOUS
– STILL WANT MY TAX-EXEMPT STATUS, PLEASE
– STILL WANT MY “WEDDING” PRESENTS — NOT CIVIL UNION PURCHASES
– SEPARATE CAN NEVER BE EQUAL
– SECOND-CLASS CIVIL UNIONS — NOT!
– I CAN’T TALK ABOUT MY TWO MOMMYS IN KINDERGARTEN CLASS
– SHARE, SHARE MARRIAGE
– 48 TO 52%
A BEAR MAJORITY IS BALANCE?”