This was the scene in the Financial District yesterday as a woodburning stove at the historic Tadich Grill went all haywire and started a smoky fire at 11:00 AM. (Mas o menos, you know it was about a minute either way from 11:00 AM when people started calling 911, certainly not “11:21 AM,” but oh well.)
Check it at news outlet SFist. But, what’s this? The Tadich is re-opening today at 11:00 AM? Well toute le monde will probably show up for lunch based upon the free advertising the fire provided. (Just like at the R&G Lounge after St. Anthony Bourdain’s recent visit. It pays to get free advertising, non?)
It was hard to tell at first how big this fire would get:
Here’s a close-up through some tinted windows showing the flue fire looking more like a smokeless Olympic Flame:
And here the interior après le feu. Not bad, huh?
…the Tadich should be open for business again soon.
Good luck Tadich Grill!
Tags: 1849, 240, alarm, battery, calfiornia, department, dept., district, financial, fire, fire department, firefighter, front, helicopter, helicoptor, lunch, pine, restaurant, sacramento, San Francisco, sansome, sffd, smoke, street, tadich grill, water