San Franciscos Anti-Graffiti Paint Truck is Amazingly Free of Graffiti Itself

Listen up, taggers. Here’s one of the vehicles they send to censor all your public art. This thing must be loaded up with every color of paint imaginable - it’s huge.

Now, wouldn’t it be a score for you to tag this giant rolling canvas - you know, poetic justice and all?

This thing is your white whale – keep an eye out:

And look what they do with that truck – they paint over your scribblings just as soon as you put them up, leaving only a ”wet paint” sign. Thusly:

Courage.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “San Franciscos Anti-Graffiti Paint Truck is Amazingly Free of Graffiti Itself”

1. Slappy Frogg says:

If it’s the same truck, try and get a picture of the front, they have a shark stuffed animal on some sort of rack just above the bumper. It was cute but I didn’t have my camera with me.

2. calabrese68 says:

What a sleazy post! I cannot imagine why you would encourage people to tag anything, let alone the vehicle of a hardworking group whose job is to clean up our city. Moreover, you encouraged tagging – not even graffiti. Tagging has no purpose other than to piss on other people’s property and blight neighborhoods. At least graffiti has some potential merit as has (albeit mostly limited potential in the hands of most). This is the sleaziest post I think I have ever read and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I’ll look for the front next time, Slappy.

Might have been joking a bit there, Calabrese.

4. bibbs says:

im sure they keep it stored safely.

Oh yes, that thing probably in a locked cage at night. Note that it doesn’t have markings the way most City vehicles have.

And if it gets tagged, a quick trip to the paint booth would be easy peasy. I think that’s how th ebumpers got painted…

6. Bill says:

I didn’t know there was a difference between “tagging” and “graffiti” (aside from one being English and the other Italian). Anyway, I thought this was a great post. White whale indeed.

I’m not an expert on this, but IMO tagging would be something you could do in two seconds with a Magic Marker, something like writing “FrOoZ” in cursive, whereas graffiti could be a huge wall painting that takes hours and hours. Something like that… thx Bill.

8. Avery St. Clair says:

What you call public art is vandalism, nothing more. Graffiti degrades our city.

You have a choice in life: to harm or to heal. Graffiti vandals have chosen to harm.

Paint your tags on your own building, or on your mama’s face. Then call it art.