Per NBCBayArea, our Justin Herman Plaza Zipline is “nearly impossible to ride” owing to its popularity.

And yet, almost 1000 souls enjoy its charms every day. Mmmm. It wasn’t impossible for all those people to ride, right?

(In other news of the day, here are NBCBayArea’s random photos of Playboy bunnies and Hooters Restaurant employees. That’s got to be pure gold, trafficwise, in’nt.)

The Impossible Dream?

Hangtime by Justin.Beck

Are we saying to get there way early in the day? I think that’s what we’re saying.

Irregardless, NBC’s accounts of when people got into line and when they were able to ride that day (if ever) are enlightening. And, agreed, it’s probably not a good use of time to drive all the way up from San Hoser just to try to go for a 20-second zip.

Zoom zoom.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Is It “Nearly Impossible” to Ride the Justin Herman Plaza Zipline? No, No It’s Not”

1. SlideSF says:

Is “Irregardless” meant to be hiply ironic, or is it just ignorance? So hard to tell the difference these days…

Are you a Martian or are you a dog? It’s so hard to tell the difference these days…

“A loaded question is an informal fallacy…”

3. SlideSF says:

So you’re saying it’s both…?

Nope, I’m considering the chances that you committed a logical fallacy. No biggee tho, people do it every day.

“When someone adopts a position, or tries to persuade someone else to adopt a position, based on a bad piece of reasoning, they commit a fallacy…”

5. SlideSF says:

Granted, if you are aware that “irregardless” is not a proper word, then there are other possible motivations for using it besides trying to be “hiply ironic”.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=irregardless (sorry, I don’t know how to make a proper link here)

Objection, your Honor, the commenter assumes facts not in evidence.

What you consider an improper word, I consider an informal term. I can live with that.

(This is a bone-stock WordPress – it looks like you done good with the linking.)

Now, here’s my link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless
    “Irregardless is an informal term meaning regardless or irrespective…”

Really, it’s a perfectly cromulent word.

7. SlideSF says:

Whereas I generally fall into the descriptivist camp, I do feel that when using nonstandard English in published form, there should be a reason for it, and that reason identifiable from the context of the piece, or at least the publication. I tried to supply one, but you rejected it.

Yeah, well, this isn’t really a publication, it’s just a blog.
    It’s loaded with nonstandard English…

9. SlideSF says:

Awww…. Didn’t mean to hurt your feelings :(

Just yanking your chain a little ;)

At least I rear your little blog :)

Actually, I get more than a half-dozen readers every day.

And actually, you didn’t you hurt my feelings.

Normally, I would change something like “rear” to “read” but I’ll leave it as-is.

11. SlideSF says: