[UPDATE: Turns out that this stentorial senatorial debate wasn't the only fuss about town on May 25, 2010. Richard Parks has the deets of protestors "greeting" President Barack Obama high atop Nob Hill yesterday.]

Contrarian BlogFather Mickey Kaus brought his windmill-tilting campaign for the U.S. Senate to San Francisco today. But the problem was that, as expected, Senator Barbara Boxer didn’t show up to debate him at the Holiday Inn on Van Ness this afternoon.

So Mickey propped a box up on an empty lectern and referred to it as “ma’am.” At which point, a mop-topped college-boy aide used a Dell Inspiron Mini 10 netbook to play the audio track of the now-famous “Could You Say Senator Instead of Ma’am?” bit .

Senator Box (D-CA ) collapsing under cross this afternoon:

Via the generous Stephen Kaus at the aptly-named stephen kaus weblog out of Berkeley, CA.

The mise-en-scene:

In other news, Barack Obama is coming to town this afternoon to host a fundraiser for Senator Boxer. Oh well.

What’s the point of Mickey’s run?

Find out here, if you want.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

14 Responses to “Barbara Boxer Replaced by Cardboard Box at Today’s Debate with BlogFather Mickey Kaus”

1. Tex Lovera says:

What’s the point of this run?

More importantly, what’s the point of hers?

2. Alexei says:

Looks like the audience didn’t show up either…

3. At least the box didn’t say anything stupid. Barbara Boxer couldn’t have pulled that off.

4. Buford Gooch says:

Should have been a box of rocks, as in “She’s as dumb as…”

5. Carl Pham says:

Go Mickey. I’ll be voting for him.

6. Foobarista says:

Maybe the point of his run is showing that political Dems exist who aren’t tools of Victims R Us and/or bureaucrat unions?

7. Stephen Kaus says:

Here is a link to the pictures. It is unfortunate that SF Citizen chose not to ccover the content’s of Mickey Kaus’s remarks.

8. JorgXMcKie says:

And I hate to say this, but while Kaus is more attractive than Sen. Boxer, Sen Box is more attractive than he is.

9. JorgXMcKie says:

Although it’s almost worth moving to CA just to vote for him. Can I just sneak across the border and vote absentee?

10. [...] Barbara Boxer Replaced by Cardboard Box at Debate (SF Citizen) [...]

11. Mike in Seattle says:

Just send him money instead. I did.

12. Mike says:

California is getting the type of representation they deserve and it reflects the majority of the people of that State. Illogical, moronic, infantile and corrupt to the hilt. Yep, Babs Boxer and California are made for each other.

13. Ross MacLochness says:

“Can I just sneak across the border and vote absentee?”

In California? You can vote Democrat in a general election if you’re not a citizen. Or dead. Or Donald Duck.

Not sure about a primary.

14. Steve says:

Mike, the same could be (and is) said about the USA.

I’ve lived in California almost 30 years and have voted against Boxer and her ilk every chance I could. I’ve written to her numerous times since she took office in the early 90s, and not once has she indicated the slightest interest in the various concerns I had. She doesn’t speak for anybody outside SF and parts of LA.

I’m a registered Independent and would prefer a Republican ballot in the upcoming primary, because there are numerous candidates for other offices that I’d like to support. However, I’m gonna have to take a Dem ballot in order to cast a vote for Mickey. Hope he surprises everybody.