The SFPD is trying to prepare for the aftermath of the upcoming Oscar Grant verdict.
This was the scene at the Ella Hill Hutch Community Center in the Western A today:
Click to expand
I don’t know, I think that problems, if any, will spring up near BART stations.
Anyway, they’re trying…
“Be Heard, Teach Peace!”
July 6-8, 2010 SF Community
Outreach Engagement Event
Three, one day events, each day held at a different location:
Tuesday – July 6, 2010 from 12:00pm to 6:00pm at the Joseph Lee Recreation Center, 1395 Mendell Street
Wednesday – July 7, 2010 from 12:00pm to 6:00pm at the Ella Hill Hutch Community Center, 1399 McAllister Street.
Thursday – July 8, 2010 from 12:00pm to 6:00pm at the Visitacion Middle School, 450 Raymond Street.
Activities Planned at Each Location:
- Write message to the San Francisco Community
- Express your opinions and feelings
- Free hotdog, food, and drinks
- Paid for with donations from APOA, OFJ, and businesses
- Open “microphone” speaker forum
- Encourage youths to speak-out
- Provide grounds and equipment for sports
- Allow youths to engage in athletic games
Tags: 2010, bay area, Be Heard, california, center, community, department, dept., ella hill hutch, Ella Hill Hutch Community Center, fruitvale, Johannes, manslaughter, Mehserle, Oakland, oscar grant, outreach, police, riot, San Francisco, SFPD, taser, Teach Peace, trial, verdict