Audi Drivers Generally Think They’re Better Than Everyone Else, But They’re Not

There’s no doubt that the intersection of Third and Market Streets could be designed better (a narrower crosswalk and a little pedestrian fencing would do the trick) but this shot shows that some drivers of Audi cars need to pay more attention to the task at hand.

It seems.

Audi driver pas de deux – missing the stop line by about 8 yards:

In a fast german car
I’m amazed that I survived
An airbag saved my life

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 Responses to “Audi Drivers Generally Think They’re Better Than Everyone Else, But They’re Not”

1. Kharis says:

Sorry, Audi is a distant second to Prius when it comes to grudgingly coming to a quasi-stop in a crosswalk.

Prius drivers don’t think that they’re racecar drivers tho.

Prius drivers do outrageous things slowly, the way the boxy Volvo drivers used to…

3. Kharis says:

Maybe it’s time to seek out the little old lady with the lethal handbag; the one who swats the the bumper of the impatient driver who leans on his horn to make her scurry thru the crosswalk. One good swat and the airbag explodes in his mug.

Poor yuppie!

5. scurvy says:

Maybe someone turned in the intersection and he stopped so as to not block traffic by sitting in the intersection. Then the light turned red so he was stuck there. Don’t be so judgmental until all of the facts are in, SF “citizen.”

Well, maybe not – I was there after all. The choice these drivers had was to either floor it and get into the middle lane to avoid getting stuck by the peds on the two crosswalks ahead, or to just stop and block the first crosswalk at the southern side of Market. If these drivers were paying more attention, if they were _better_ drivers, they wouldn’t get stuck like this.

Why else would you spend so much more money to get an Audi except as a way to say “I’m better than you,” right? What does it mean to drive an expensive car with good handling on the clogged gridded streets of S.F. or, alternatively, on the superslab? When you’re thinking about getting a little Audi, we’re wayyyyyy past basic transportation, right?

7. Anonymous says:

SFcitizen, you’re a savant

Uh oh, I’ll have to look that one up…

9. M Thrillmore says:

Audi drivers have a long way to go to catch up with the arrogance of BMW drivers (“My car can do anything.”) and Volvo drivers (My car will survive anything.”).

I don’t know, I think Audi has surpassed BMW at this point. JMO

11. Sligo Riverman says:

Ah, don’t worry, the Audi drivers get karmically paid back since their stylish cars are poorly built and have absurd parts prices.

12. JimBobJones says:

Man, SFCitizen, did your ex-significant other drive an Audi or something? Don’t understand the hate.

You don’t think Audi drivers think they’re than average?

I drove a ’78 in the 1990′s over a summer. It was a different era…