Here you go – as a part of Sunday Streets Golden Gate Park / Great Highway* on August 22, 2010, you’ll be able to ride on over to our California Academy of Sciences, drop your bike off at the free San Francisco Bicycle Coalition valet parking service, and then score a free ticket to enter the Academy.
The catch is that you’ll need to be among the first 100 to arrive, so that means you might need to get there before the 11:00 AM opening time. Other than that, this is the sweetest Sunday Streets deal ever. Be sure to thank our corporate overlords at CLIF BAR.(And bonus, the first 200 cyclists to arrive get a Clif Bar.)
This could be you:
Click to expand
All the deets:
CLIF BAR “Fun Ride to the Academy” Gives Bike Riders. Free Admission to California Academy of Sciences
BERKELEY, Calif., July 28, 2010 – CLIF® BAR is giving people a chance to pedal their way into one of San Francisco’s greatest adventures for free. As part of its 2 Mile Challenge bike advocacy program, CLIF BAR is offering free admission to the California Academy of Sciences (valued at up to $24.95 per ticket) for the first 100 folks who arrive by bicycle. The CLIF BAR “Fun Ride to the Academy” takes place on Sunday, August 22. More details are below:
- Free admission to California Academy of Sciences for first 100 people who arrive on bicycles
- Free bike valet, offered by San Francisco Bicycle Coalition, from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. to the first 100 people who arrive by bicycle
- Free CLIF BAR samples to the first 200 people who arrive by bicycle
- Sunday, August 22, 2010; 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Coincides with San Francisco’s Sunday Streets event – Golden Gate Park to the Great Highway will be closed to cars
- California Academy of Sciences, 55 Music Concourse Dr., San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park
- CLIF BAR ticket distribution and bike valet located on the east side of the Academy (the side farthest away from the Music Concourse band shell)
- Bike riding is fun for the entire family
- CLIF BAR is committed to fighting climate change through its 2 Mile Challenge bike advocacy program. This nationwide campaign encourages people to ride a bike instead of driving a car for trips two miles or less to reduce carbon dioxide emissions that cause climate change.
- In the U.S., 40 percent of all urban trips are two miles or less, and 90 percent of those trips are made by car.
- Every mile traveled by bike instead of car prevents one pound of carbon dioxide from entering the atmosphere, according to the Climate Leadership Initiative at the University of Oregon. Car-generated carbon dioxide is one of the leading causes of global climate change.
About Clif Bar & Company
Clif Bar & Company is a leading maker of nutritious, all-natural, organic foods and drinks, including CLIF® BAR energy bar, LUNA®, The Whole Nutrition Bar for Women®; and CLIF Kid®, Nourishing Kids in Motion®. Focused on sports nutrition and healthy snacks, the company is committed to sustaining its people, brands, business, community and planet. (www.clifbar.com)
*The full name: Sunday Streets Great Highway Golden Gate Park, Penguins to Penguins 2010 II, This Time It Won’t Rain.
Tags: $100, $25, 2 mile challenge, 200, 2010, 22, 24.95, august, bar, bay area, bikes, cal academy, calacademy, california, California Academy of Sciences, Californiam Academy of Sciences, car, clif, CLIF BAR, cliff, cyclists, First, free, golden gate park, granola, great highway, museum, n Ride to the Academy, parking, San Francisco, san francisco bicycle coalition, sfbc, sunday, sunday streets, valet