The CAPCOA Climate Change Forum is upon us, down at the Jukebox Marriott on Fourth.
“The California Air Pollution Control Officers Association (CAPCOA) will host the CAPCOA Climate Change Forum at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis Hotel on Monday and Tuesday, August 30-31, 2010. Leaders from federal, state, and local levels of government will join stakeholders from green businesses, energy and technology providers, universities and research institutions, and community groups for two days of sessions focusing on how California can successfully work to advance its position as a pioneer in the fight against climate change. Over 75 speakers have been assembled for an intense program spotlighting issues from “Energy Independence Through Clean & Renewable Energy” to “Green Business Strategies” to “Land Use and Sustainable Communities.”
Oh look, here comes Air-ianna:
The California Air Pollution Control Officers Association’s Climate Change Forum
WHEN: Monday, August 30, 2010
Registration & Breakfast 7:15 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
Sessions 8:15 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Expo Hall Reception, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Registration & Breakfast 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Sessions 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
55 4th Street, San Francisco (4th between Market and
– Van Jones, Senior Fellow, Center For American
Progress & Senior Policy Advisor, Green For All
– Arianna Huffington, Co-Founder & Editor in Chief,
The Huffington Post
– Chris Field, Director, Department of Global Ecology,
Carnegie Institution of Washington
– Alec Loorz, Founder, Kids vs. Global Warming
– Hunter Lovins, Founder, Natural Capitalism Solutions
– Mary Nichols, Chairman, California Air Resources
– Jared Blumenfeld, Administrator, U.S. Environmental
Protection Agency, Region 9
– Joel Makower, Chairman & Executive Editor, Greener
World Media, Inc.
– Highlighted Speaker Alec Loorz at 8:30 a.m. on August
– Keynote Speaker Van Jones at 12:00 p.m. on August 30
– Keynote Speaker Arianna Huffington at 8:35 p.m. on
– Keynote Speaker Chris Field at 12:00 p.m. on August
The event is hosted by CAPCOA, and co-hosted by the California Air Resources Board and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Tags: 2010, Air Pollution Control Officers Association, Alec Loorz, Arianna Huffington, August 30-31, bay area, california, California Air Pollution Control Officers Association, California Air Resources Board, CAPCOA, change, Chris Field, climate, Climate Change Forum, forum, huffington post, Hunter Lovins, jared blumenfeld, Joel Makower, Mary Nichols, Protection Agency, San Francisco, U.S. Environmental, van jones