1. Is Anschutz Entertainment Group really “paying to use the streets” on any given BtoB Sunday? If so, what’s the rate? Can I get the same rate and then have the SFPD enforce the particular laws that I want them to enforce?
The kind of thing the Bay to Breakers people are trying to stop:
Click to expand
2. What’s that, AEG? You’re super close to getting a sponsor to replace ING? Let’s hope it’s Bud Light, you know, like the way it was before, before the time C. Montgomery Burns bought the race. Oh that’s right, alcohol is illegal on the streets that you’ve bought and paid for, right AEG? Anyway, let’s hope it’s some kind of consumer product, you know, so the boycott can gain traction…
3. Are you really going to put people into mobile jails, AEG? Or, maybe you’ll have your do-boys at the Sheriff’s Department do you bidding? All right. Would you have put Mayor Gavin Newsom into a mobile unit for not registering, the way he done this year?
4. Oh, that’s right, your security guards are just going to eject people off of your property and hope the ”bandit” runners don’t try to get back in the race again. Good luck with that. How many hundreds of security guards are you going to hire?
5. Now, has anyone died from a drug or alcohol overdose in B2B history? Not that I’m aware of. But people die of heart attacks all the time at the Bay to Breakers, right? By now, you know where and when this kind of thing will happen. Why not pay to have people standing by with defibrillators to help out before an ambulance can arrive? Oh, I see, you don’t really give a romeo’s alpha about health issues unless it furthers your goals, unless you can use it to justify you getting your way, like when you you talk about 30 ambulance calls for OD’ing in 2010 and whatnot. I see what you’re doing there, BtoB.
6. “Bay to Breakers General Manager Angela Fang called the measures “imperative to the preservation of the event.” I see what you’re doing there again, BtoB. In your eyes, you’re the side that’s preserving the race. And those People for the Preservation of the Bay2Breakers, you know, the people you’re against, I suppose they’re not for the preservation of BtoB. I don’t know, maybe Sam Singer is the wrong tool for this job…
It’s the same thing every year – lot’s of talk about what will happen, but when the rubber meets the road, none of this crap happens and it’s just same old civic event. Aren’t you tired of this by now, Angela?
See you next year…
Spuds McKenzie judges us from Doggy Heaven:
Forgive us, Spuds. We’ve besmirched Your Legacy.
Tags: $100, (First Sequence), 12k, 2, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 22, 250, 34:15, 38:07, 5 fulton, 7, 97th, 98th, aftermath, aggies, alcohol, alix rosenthal, altitude, annual, anschutz, avatar, b2b, bacon, bad, Bay, bay area, bay to breakers, bay2breakers, beer, Blue, body, boycott, breakers, bud light, c. w., caffeine, california, canister, cannister, Carol Norris, cars, carts, centipede, champagne, channel, Chepkurui, chp, chris fox, Cigarettes, citizens, Citizens for the Preservation of Bay2Breakers, Clare Cooke, coffee, colt 45, Conor Johnston, cops, corrals, CPBB, crawlsf, cups, david scott, David William Scott, davis, department, dept., destroyed, direct, district, divisadero, divisidero, dj, dmv, dpw, drink, drive, drugs, Duck, dumpsters, EaPA, ecstacy, edelman, Edward Sharpless, Elite, eventbrite, facebook, fell, First, floats, footrace, footstock, foto, free, fundraiser, gabe, ganga, garbage, gavilanes, Gavin, glass, golden gate park, good, Gorilla, Greater Body Expo, haight Ashbury, hayes, Hayes street hill, highest point, highway patrol, howard, Human Centipede, Human Centipede (First Sequence), ing, jfk, John, John Gray, Jon Dishotsky, kegs, Kelsey Nagie, kennedy, kgo, KGO-TV, killer b, Kipsang, Korir, lady foot locker, Lineth, Lineth Chepkurui, Linked In, linkedin, liquor, Liz Brusca, lot, malt liquor, map, Matt Seliga, mdma ex, Men's, Mike Moscuzza, monster energy, Muni, na'vi, naked, nat ford, Nevius, Newsom, nicotine, nimby, nimbys, nitrous, nude, oxide, paint, panhandle, parking, permit, photographs, photos, pink, plastic, police, police department, pr, prayer book cross, preservation, profile, public relations, purple, race, recycling, red, results, richmond, roe, ross mirkarimi, route profile, sam singer, Sammy Kitwara, San Francisco, SFPD, smell, smoove, spuds mckenzie, store, Stow lake, strawberry hill, street, sunset, thomas, tickets, tom, Tommy, Tommy the Pink Gorilla, towed, trash, TV, uc davis, ugly, university, vehicles, whippets, Wilson Ling, wine, women's, won, zaq, zero tolerance