I don’t know why people put planters out on sidewalks myself.

Anyway, home-owning NIMBYs, the very same ones who killed the harmless Panhandle Bandshell, are looking for witnesses to this crime.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “Primitive Savagery Kills a Sidewalk Planter in the Western Addition NOPA – Another NIMBY Born”

1. Brian Wallace says:

I have a suggestion that is not foolproof but that works most of the time.

I get a long, thin, metal bracket. You can get them at Cole Hardware. They come with pre-drilled screw holes through the length of the bracket. I bend the bracket into an L-shape and screw one end to the front exterior door jab and run the other end beneath the flower pot. I secure the empty flower pot to the bracket with a bolt and a wing nut. I then fill the flower pot with soil and plant the flower inside the pot.

It’s a bit of a hassle but it works most times. Vandals can’t take the pot away entirely, nor can they lift the pot high enought to drop it and smash it.

2. tk says:

This is a typical example of people taking their ugly left-over pots, filling them with Geraniums or some such ridiculous plant, calling it a planter and leaving them on the side walk. based upon what I see – I can’t blame someone for smashing it.

3. Peter says:

Another B2B urinal ruined.

4. LarryW says:

Umm, how does not wanting your planter smashed make you a NIMBY?

Do you even know what that word means? Really this is an ignorant post.

Oh and TK, if I don’t like the color of your car is it OK if I come over and key it? Really, you come off as a total jerk.

Your planter gets smashed and then you get radicalized and then you become a NIMBY. Easy peasy.

It’s an acronym that describes many white property owners in the western addition….

6. Jenofla says:

I too am still confused. How does vandalism to one’s property make one a NIMBY? If my bike is stolen, am I a NIMBY or just someone who’s been robbed? NIMBY=not in my backyard. Thought it applied to large neighborhood-changing projects, not acts of crime. Using your logic, everybody is a NIMBY, unless they enjoy having their things stolen and broken. Someone can be pissed their bike is stolen and then totally welcome a bandshell in the local park.

Some people can have bad things happen to them in the Big City and yet still welcome something like the Panhandle Bandshell. That would be people like you. But other people can’t. They’re the NIMBYs.

Unless you really think that the placement of that bandshell really was a “large neighborhood-changing project.” In that case, maybe you’re one of the selfish, demanding NIMBYs yourself. I don’t know.