Is there some law that says AT&T is required to deliver waaaaaaay too many phone books to San Francisco households every year? Could be.

If there is, wouldn’t it be easier for all concerned if instead of leaving all these unwanted phone books out in the rain for day after day, week after week, AT&T could just have its workers deliver them directly to the recycling bins out back?

What’s that, AT&T? People still love your phone books? No they don’t.

Obviously, there’s profit to be had, somehow, in this annual exercise, so oh well.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Responses to “Dear AT&T: Nobody in San Francisco Wants Your Fracking Useless Telephone Books, Absolutely Nobody”

1. dena says:

I saw a video of canadiens gathering up all the telephone books and delivering them back to the phone company. I think we could get a group of sf citizens to do the same.

Indeed, let’s do it.

3. Herr Doktor Professor Deth Vegetable says:

I don’t mind the phone book nearly as much as I might the Examiner that keeps showing up at my doorstop twice a week no matter how I try to get them to stop.

4. oliver says:

count me in!

5. brian says:

I’m in. There’s still a whole pile of them in our apartment. Where’s the best place to move them?

6. EH says:

Is it annual? I could swear I’ve gotten more than one set in a year in the past, though possibly by a copycat company trying to horn in on AT&T. I do know that my phone books used to say “Good until August” on them, yet here it is December.

I think it’s reasonable to think of ourselves as just receptacles for AT&T ad sales department. They’re selling the ads, so we have to take whatever they decide to produce from that.

In fairness, my phone book was very helpful when my power went out.

7. EH says:

Also, I think you left “recycling” out of your tag list.