Not all religious warriors are NIMBYs and not all NIMBYs are religious warriors, of course, but check out the formerly-obscure “Mission Dolores” “Neighborhood” Association for a little from Column A and a little from Column B.
Little did you know that when you buy the Bi-Rite Ice Cream, you’re supporting San Francisco’s Version of the Taliban or mutaween (see below). Oh well.
Anyway, NBC’s Matt Baume has the latest on these horrible NIMBYs.
Will the MDNA manage to cross Market Street some day?
|1. Alice Carey and Company
Author: Mission Dolores Survey and Update of Context Statement: Bill Sugaya, Director
2. Carol Roland, PhD; Roland-Nawi Associates
Author: Mission Dolores Historic Context Statement
3. Joseph Stubbs, Graphic Artist
Mission Dolores Historic Context Statement
4. Vincent Marsh, Architectural Historian
Author: 523 A and B Survey Forms: Golden Gate Lutheran Church (601 Dolores)
And Second Church of Christ, Scientist (651-655 Dolores)
5. Gideon Kramer, KramerGraphics/graphic design & production
6. Jacob Moore, Webmaster
|The San Francisco Study Center
Geoff Link, Executive Director
|1. $46,500.00: Mayor’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development through the San Francisco Historic Preservation Fund Committee. To have Alice Carey and Company complete the survey work in the Mission Dolores Neighborhood. Our context statement will also be updated.
2. $25,000.00: Mayor’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development through the San Francisco Preservation Fund Committee. To have Carol Roland-Nawi create an historic context statement for the Mission Dolores Neighborhood.
3. $2,500.00: San Francisco Victorian Alliance. To survey Golden Gate Lutheran Church (601 Dolores), Second Church of Christ, “Scientist” (651-655 Dolores), Mission Dolores Park and Duggan’s Home (3434 17th Street). Both churches are under threat of demolition. The Christian “Science” Church, designed by William H. Crim, currently has a demolition permit pending.
|1. $3,430.00: General Membership (as of 12-14-08)
2. $1,500.00: Skyline Reality
3. $500.00: Safe Clean Green: Mission Dolores
4. $500.00: Bi-Rite[!?]
|1. Peter Lewis, President
2. Gideon Kramer, Vice President
3. Ted Olsson, Secretary
4. Joe Cain, Communications Manager
5. Steve Haigh, Past-President: Victorian Alliance
6. Jose Luis Leiva, Professor
7. Shelagh Ross,
8. Andrew R. Galvan: Curator of Mission Dolores Church
9. Marius Starkey, Artist
10. Ted Scourkes,
11. Arnie Lerner, AIA
12. Lucia Bogatay, AIA
Tags: 18th, 523 A, 601 Dolores, AIA, Alice Carey, Alice Carey and Company, Andrew Galvan, Andrew R. Galvan, Architectural, Architectural Historian, Arnie Lerner, artist, associates, B Survey Forms, Bi-Rite, Bill Sugaya, Carol Roland, Christian "Science" Church, committee, company, director, Duggan's Home, Executive Director, flages, flags, Gay, Geoff Link, Gideon Kramer, Golden Gate Lutheran Church, graphic, Historian, Historic Context Statement, ice cream, Jacob Moore, Joe Cain, Joseph Stubbs, KramerGraphics, Lucia Bogatay, Marius Starkey, market, Matt Baume, Mayor’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development, Mission Dolores, Mission Dolores Park, Mission Dolores Survey, nbc, nimby, nimbys, not in my backyard, ontext Statement, pdate of Context Statement, Peter Lewis, phd, president, rainbow, Roland-Nawi, Roland-Nawi Associates, Safe Clean Green:, San Francisco Historic Preservation Fund, San Francisco Preservation Fund, San Francisco Victorian Alliance, Scientist, Second Church of Christ, Shelagh Ross, Skyline Reality, Steve Haigh, street, Study Center, taliban, Ted Olsson, Ted Scourkes, Vincent Marsh, Webmaster