10 Responses to “Official Announcement for the New Starbucks Logo Leaves Out a Few Things – An Illustrated History”

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Breaking SF News. Breaking SF News said: Official Announcement for the New Starbucks Logo Leaves Out a Few Things – An Illustrated History:… http://dlvr.it/CngLy #food_and_drink [...]

2. Lindsey says:

I think the new logo for 2011 looks cheap. Are their marketing people stupid? Cheap logo=cheap coffee… I have a feeling they will feel a hit on their sales after this. I know the point they are trying to get across… but it will always be “Startbucks Coffee”… no matter if they stick to just coffee and bakery stuff or move onto other things. Don’t fix it if it’s not broken.

3. Art says:

I hate it. I’d stick with the original. Taking away the the word coffee is a big no no, but taking away the name Starbucks from the emblem is like taking away the Nike swoosh. A disaster waiting to happen. Don’t do it please, it’s not to late to change your mind. People want a mark they can trust and it take decades to build that, I don’t trust this new mark. It’s to big of a change. If your going into other business ventures just take away the word coffee for things that are not coffee, if you must. This new emblem is not Starbucks, it is something else entirely, what I do not know yet, but it will never be Starbucks. Somebody please get a new marketing contractor, because this is not working. From a marketing and design stand point it does not appeal to me and from a customer standpoint it is not cool anymore, either way I see it as huge unnecessary risk.

4. Mike says:

They want to take the words from it because they want to make it international. In Chinese the name sounds a bit like “sheengbakeh”. I also dislike the logo and think it looks cheap, but I think that point people have missed.

Also wrt “It’s not cool anymore”… when in the hell was Starbucks ever cool? My mother goes to Starbucks.

5. reza says:

Seems obvious that they are going to introduce more and more “products” and will soon have more in common with McDonalds than a legitimate coffee shop.

6. Mr M says:

@Art:I think you’re missing the point. It’s not like taking away the Nike Swoosh, it’s like taking away “Nike Just Do It” and leaving only the swoosh; something that Nike has done very successfully.

7. B says:

Wow, everyone needs to stop for a moment, take off those blinders, and think about whats going on here. As far as I can tell the reason for the change has a little to do what mike said, but also if you haven’t noticed the company has done some major internal change. For example how they make their drinks, closing stores so they are able to be more focused, we (the customer) are now able to customize are drinks more, in my location free wi-fi, and the list goes on. The point is with all of this internal change, they want to represent that with an external change. I think that from here the company will only get better with all of these changes, and if some one wants to think that the logo on the outside of the cup dictates the quality of the coffee on the inside, they can stay under their rock. At the end of the day its just a beverage in a cup, with a different logo on the outside, if this radical changes your life, you should see a doctor!

8. Samantha says:

I think its UGLY! And why does the mermaid have two fins or one fin split in half????

Testify sister! Yes, ugly. Two fins, that’s the legend, I think…

10. elnaz says:

@B : i am damn agree with u guy.