Aren’t you worried that the richers running the America’s Cup 2013 might not have enough clerks to do the necessary paperwork and deal with those, those people who need to be dealt with?
Then you should step up and apply for the job yourself, why not?
Typical AC13 fans:
The America’s Cup Event Authority ACEA is responsible for the staging and commercial enterprising of the 34th America’s Cup, comprising the South America’s Cup, the America’s Cup World Series 2011, 2012 and 2013, the Louis Vutton Cup (America’s Cup Challenger Series) in 2013 and the 34th America’s Cup Finals in 2013. The role would be to assist the General Counsel to fulfill the commercial legal obligations of ACEA. This position will be located in San Francisco, U.S.A.
The individual shall at all times display an entrepreneurial but collaborative mindset, including a collaborative approach to achieving the goals of ACEA, as well as the professional maturity, presence and diplomacy to maintain professionalism under the pressure associated with a fast-paced environment.
• Provide strategic advice and legal opinion in relation to the business and affairs of ACEA.
• Draft, negotiate and advise on a wide range of new and existing commercial contracts, both related and not related to the series of events comprising the 34th America’s Cup.
• Assisting the General Counsel and sales teams with the packaging, marketing, sale and delivery of a new commercial rights program for the 34th America’s Cup.
• Drafting and negotiating contracts for the new commercial rights program, including multi-million dollar
media rights agreements, sponsorship agreements, venue agreements, licensing agreements, supplier and services agreement and other related commercial contracts.
• Drafting and advising internally in relation to a host of new and existing commercial contracts and related legal issues.
• Develop and maintain relationships with third party law firms and specialist counsel.
• Provide brand protection planning and support, including anti-ambush marketing activities on-site at and around the venues of events.
• Other duties as assigned by the General Counsel of ACEA.
Training and Experience
University law degree or equivalent.
Qualified lawyer admitted to practice law in his/her jurisdiction.
Up to 10 years’ post-qualification experience as a commercial lawyer, preferably in a sports-related environment, a business law firm or a multi-national corporation.
Relevant sponsorship and/or media rights experience would be highly valued.
Fluent English with excellent drafting skills and high level of commercial awareness.
Major events experience and/or a sports law background preferred, but not essential.
Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
Able to work analytically, rationally and quickly.
Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize and to handle several projects at a time.
Proficient in Mac and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote.
A strong customer service focus as well as impeccable engagement, follow-through and adaptability with internal customers.
A motivated individual that thrives under deadlines and fosters open communication.
International experience and/or foreign language skills a plus.
Available and prepared to work holidays, weekends and evenings
Willingness to travel to international events
About the America’s Cup:
Nearly 160 years old, the America’s Cup is the oldest trophy in international sport. Initially a one-on-one competition between teams representing foreign yacht clubs, the America’s Cup has evolved into one of the world’s leading sporting competitions – featuring the best sailors on the world’s fastest boats -the wing-sailed AC45 and AC72 catamarans. The 34th America’s Cup Finals will be held in San Francisco in the fall of 2013, with the new America’s Cup World Series beginning in 2011. For more information, visit www.americascup.com.
- Location: San Francisco
- Compensation: TBD: Based on Qualifications
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.