Now check it – everybody’s favorite psycho killer hippie Scorpio somehow got on the roof of famously-sawtoothed* 555 California, you know, in order to start the carnage. See?
Click to expand
Now wouldn’t it be cool to go swimming up there on a dreaded sunny day?
Well, we’ll never know – here’s how it looks these days:
Empty empty empty.
I’ll get some more screen grabs and make some more posts from this movie later on.
In the meantime, check out all the locations – there are lots and lots:
In San Francisco:
- 555 California Street
- California Hall, 625 Polk Street (until recently, the California Culinary Academy)
- San Francisco City Hall
- Hall of Justice – 850 Bryant Street
- Forest Hill Station
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District, 750 Kearny Street – rooftop swimming pool in opening scenes
- Kezar Stadium – Frederick Street, Golden Gate Park
- Dolores Park, Mission District
- Mount Davidson
- Sts. Peter and Paul Church, Washington Square, 666 Filbert Street
- Washington Square, North Beach
- Big Al’s, 556 Broadway St.
- Roaring 20′s strip club, 552 Broadway
- North Beach, San Francisco
- Other locations
- Larkspur Landing — scene of Callahan and Scorpio’s showdown, known as the Hutchinson’s Rock Quarry when filmed
- Greenbrae, California
- Mill Valley, California
- Universal Studios Hollywood — San Francisco Street (Hot dog café / Bank robbery sequence)
*So every shark laboring at triple-five Cal can have his/her own “corner office,” of sorts, that’s why the BofA Building has that distinctive shape.
Tags: 1971, 2011, 40th, 555 california, 555 California Street, 625 Polk, 750 Kearny, 850 bryant, bank, bank of america, bay area, Big Al's, building, cafe, california, California Hall, callahan, clint eastwood, cop, cross, detective, dirty harry, Dirty Harry at 40, dolores park, emptied, empty, film, financial district, Forest Hill Station, Greenbrae, Hall of Justice, harry, Hilton, hot dog, inspector callahan, Kezar Stadium - Frederick, Larkspur Landing, Mill Valley, mission district, mount davidson, movie, north beach, paddock, park general, Peter and Paul Church, pool, Roaring 20's, robbery, roof, San Francisco, Scorpio, SFPD, street, Sts., swimming, Universal Studios Hollywood, washington square