Via SFFunCheap comes the news of Free Slurpee Day.
On a drizzly day in the Godforsaken West Bay, a 7-11 is the Beacon of Culture amongst the grow- and cat- and halfway- houses:
Click to expand
“Monday, July 11th is Free Slurpee Day at almost every 7-Eleven in the country, but a few locations in the Bay Area are actually holding full on “7-Eleven Day” celebrations.
One 7-Eleven location in San Francisco (3400 Mission Street at 30th Street) hosts four hours of brainfreezing fun with not only free slurpees for all comers, but also fun competitions like Brain freeze contests (exactly what it sounds, who can slurp a slurpee the fastst), with prizes, a jump house with a slide, balloon artist, KYLD radio from noon to 2pm and a live mariachi band at 11am.
This event is free and open to the public. There’s also another free 7-Eleven Day celebration in Sunnyvale from 1p-5p.
Free Slurpee Day 2011 Celebrations
- What: Free Slurpees throughout the Bay Area can only mean one thing…that’s right, it’s 7-Eleven Day. To commemorate 7-Eleven’s 84th birthday on July 11, aka 7-Eleven Day, Bay Area 7-Eleven stores will show their love by offering free 7.11-ounce Slurpees and hosting a series of competitions, including 84-second timed Slurpee-drinking contests
- Why: Because 7-Eleven wants to say thank you to the Bay Area and invite y’all
- Where: Nearly 400 participating Bay Area stores will offer free Slurpees.
Two Bay Area stores will host big 7-Eleven Day celebrations at::
- 11 am – 3 pm: 3400 Mission Street (at 30th) in San Francisco
- 1 pm – 5 pm: 708 N. Fair Oak Ave in Sunnyvale
- When: Monday, June 11, 2011 – 7 am – 11 pm, while supplies last”
And here’s a stab at participating locations:
Tags: 2011, 7-11. 7-eleven, bay area, Brain freeze, california, cathouse, cathouses, cold, day, drizzle, fog, free, Free Slurpee Day., growhouse, growhouses, halfway house, halfway houses, outer, outset, parkside, prostitutes, prostitution, San Francisco, SFFunCheap, Slurpee, sunset, weather, West Bay