Ah, let’s check in with Goldman Sachs-backed CODA AUTOMOTIVE.
1. OK, has the Wikipedia entry been scrubbed of any negative information? You, Gentle Reader, make the call. (The context is that the battery capacity and range claims made these past months and years aren’t coming true but there’s no mention of these things in Wiki, oh well. Wiki’s good for Coda though, cause their people can just pop on in and change things to erase history.)
3. But now come the long-promised “green jobs” to the North Bay region of the Bay Area. What was the promise, that there’d be 50 to start and 200 soon thereafter? Well, take a look at the help wanted pages, below. A couple-dozen people slapping a direct-from-China battery into a direct-from-China car does not an American car factory make, right people?
Anywho, Gentle Reader, if you want to get up to speed on the crappiest, broken-promisest electric car company in the world, click here and keep reading.
Oh, but what’s this, it’s a non-crappy electric car what’s cheaper than anything from Coda. It’s a Nissan Leaf, which the Coda people have been criticizing for years. Oh well. Anyway, adorable, non?
Oh, back to Coda now.
A full-time position is available, with immediate effect, for a Production Manager.
ABOUT CODA AUTOMOTIVE:
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, CODA Holdings is a leading developer of advanced Lithium-ion power battery systems comprised of three key divisions: CODA Automotive, CODA EV Propulsion Systems and CODA Energy. Together with its JV partners, CODA is working to reduce dependence on oil and leading the way to a cleaner future through its electric vehicles and stationary energy storage products. With segment leading range, the CODA vehicle is a zero emission four-door, five-passenger sedan with a full-size trunk that is designed to meet American drivers’ daily transportation needs. For more information on the CODA, visit www.codaautomotive.com.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Production Manager will be located in Benicia, CA. and will manage the final assembly process. The position will be responsible for managing a dynamic repair process that in NOT paced by a conveyor line.
• Inventory control – Manage & replenish all planned components and supporting repair parts
• Develop Process Sheets for Assembly Processes and Repair processes
• Communicate and elevate quality issues to China Assembly, Engineering, Supply Chain and the field service organizations
• React quickly to Field Service Customer issues and institute immediate countermeasures
• Oversee the Contract Assembler Financial invoices and verify correct charges
• Proactively work with the Contract Assembler to continuously improve quality, velocity of units through the process and reduce the total costs
• Supervise 2 Salary employees and indirectly manage 20 contract assemblers
• Manage Vehicle inventory and the process flow
• Contribute, Lead and instigate team problem solving at all levels
• Constant training for all team members to ensure assembly and repair proficiency
Challenge Contract assembly company for continuous improvement in Quality, Through-put and Cost reduction.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelors Degree: Technical or Business, preferred
• Automotive Floor leadership experience. required
• Strong leadership skills
• Dynamic and engaging communication style
• Manages ambiguity well – must be able to find a process in an asynchronous flow
• Excellent Problem Solver
• Strong Financial Acumen
• Experienced trainer of teams
• Lean manufacturing and team style of manufacturing processes and culture
Please submit your cover letter with salary requirements and resume via our corporate website.
Kindly respect our recruitment process and do not use any other method to apply. Thank you in advance for your attention to this important detail. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for preliminary interviews.
Job Location: Los Angeles, California
Company URL: http://www.CODAautomotive.com
CODA Automotive is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The policy and practice of CODA Automotive require that entry into employment and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each particular job. Subject to statutory provisions, no applicant or member of staff will be treated less favorably than another because of his or her gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, racial group, age or disability. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
CODA Automotive does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, CODA Automotive employees, or any other company location. CODA Automotive is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Coda Automotive is a manufacturer and distributor of all-electric, zero-emissions cars and battery transportation systems. Formed under the stewardship of entrepreneur Miles Rubin (known for his marketing and sales of neighborhood electric fleet vehicles under the Miles Electric Vehicles brand) in 2009, Coda engineers, brands, markets and distributes electric vehicles. The company’s manufacturing partnership strategy allows Coda to avoid the traditionally capital-intensive nature of the automobile business. Coda Automotive’s first vehicle, highway commuter sedan, is now being delivered to California consumers.”
Tags: 2010, 2011, 2012, @CODAautomotive, Aaron Cohen, ad, advertising, all, all electric, all electric yet looks normal, Ariel Schwartz, assembly, auto, automobile, batteries, battery, bay area, benicia, bus, california, car, care, CEO, Chief Financial Officer, China, chinese, cnooc, coda, CODA "valet", coda automotive, coda automotive deathwatch, coda holdings, Complete, credit, Dan Mosher, death watch, deathwatch, delay, Director of Marketing Strategy, Effortless Care, electric, EPA, ev, evs, factory, Fast Company, Firestone, Firestone Complete Auto Care, Hafei, Henry Paulson, holdings, imported, karen bass, Kevin Czinger, kilowatt-hours/100 miles, leaf, Lishen, lower, magazine, Mark Atkeson, Michael A. Jackson, michael jackson, MPGe, Muni, niles, nissan, Ohio, price, Saibao, San Francisco, Santa Monica, sedan, senior, Solyndra, speaker, Tianjin, Treasury Secretary, u. s., vice president, wait, Waiting, website, yet looks normal