That proposed CityPlace mall has a new name and they’ve just started working on getting it built.
“…its name has been changed to Market Street Place, reflecting how even this blighted part of San Francisco’s main thoroughfare...”
Click to expand
This is all new. The whitewash went up on Monday, I think, and now we have the ads what say SHOPPING PLACE and whatnot.
This is what it will look like, without the homeless and the criminals and the iPhone fences and the drug dealers milling around out front:
The mall has it all. Actually, it’s a mall like any other from Anytown, USA. (Boy, John King is going to looooooove this, huh?)
All right, now let’s all thank the Carlyle Group for helping us out:
“The following is a list of both current and former employees and advisors.
- G. Allen Andreas – Chairman of the Archer Daniels Midland Company, Carlyle European Advisory Board
- Daniel Akerson – Board member at 7 companies, Managing director at Carlyle
- Joaquin Avila – former managing director at Lehman Brothers, Managing director at Carlyle
- Laurent Beaudoin – CEO of Bombardier (1979-), former member of Carlyle’s Canadian Advisory board
- Peter Cornelius – Managing Director of Nielsen Australia.
- Paul Desmarais – Chairman of the Power Corporation of Canada, former member of Carlyle’s Canadian Advisory board
- David M. Moffett – CEO of Freddie Mac, Former Senior advisor to the Carlyle
- Karl Otto Pöhl – former President of the Bundesbank, Former Senior advisor to the Carlyle Group
- Olivier Sarkozy (half-brother of Nicolas Sarkozy, former President of France) – co-head and managing director of its recently launched global financial services division, since March 2008.
- North America
- James Baker III, former United States Secretary of State under George H. W. Bush, Staff member under Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, Carlyle Senior Counselor, served in this capacity from 1993 to 2005.
- George H. W. Bush, former U.S. President, Senior Advisor to the Carlyle Asia Advisory Board from April 1998 to October 2003.
- Frank C. Carlucci, former United States Secretary of Defense from 1987 to 1989; Carlyle Chairman and Chairman Emeritus from 1989 to 2005.
- Arthur Levitt, Chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under President Bill Clinton, Carlyle Senior Advisor from 2001 to the present
- Luis Téllez Kuenzler, Mexican economist, former Secretary of Communications and Transportation under the Felipe Calderón administration and former Secretary of Energy under the Zedillo administration.
- Frank McKenna, former Premier of New Brunswick, Canadian Ambassador to the United States between 2005 and 2006 and current Deputy Chairman of Toronto-Dominion Bank; served on Carlyle’s Canadian advisory board.
- Mack McLarty, Carlyle Group Senior Advisor (from 2003), White House Chief of Staff to President Bill Clinton from 1993 to 1994.
- Randal K. Quarles, former Under Secretary of the U.S. Treasury under President George W. Bush, now a Carlyle managing director
Tags: 2012, 5th, 6th, ads, bay area, brand, california, Carlyle Group, CEO, Chris Maguire, City, CityPlace, closing, cypress, Cypress Equities, Dallas, deal, Dolby, Equities, Equity, fifth, firm, mall, market, Mid-Market area, new york, partners, place, private, project, Projects, real estate, retail, San Francisco, SHOPPING PLACE, sixth, street, twitter, twitterloin, whitewash