Jack Wing Identified as Pedestrian Killed in SOMA

Looking south from Davis Street across Market:

Driver:

Shoe, cap, water bottle:

Getting hauled away:

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “The Death of Pedestrian Jack Wing, 78, at Market and Beale – December 10th, 2012”

1. Norman Ross Powers says:

Jack Wing was our neighbor. He was a sweet, retiring guy, a batchelor, a trout fisherman and a determined walker who hiked straight up Marin Ave. to the crest of the East Bay hills every day. It’s deeply shocking and unfair that he’s gone so violently and suddenly. We pray Jack is able to rest–and walk– at peace.

2. Paula says:

Jack was a wonderful giving man. He was a very caring person with a generous soul and a very gentle man with a wicked sense of humor. He was loved by most people who knew him and will be missed by all. Especially me!

3. Scott Hadaway says:

I had hoped that photos of the actual scene wouldn’t hit the web but I imagine that was more wishful than realistic thinking. I’m the guy that performed CPR on Mr. Wing. I would very much like to contact his family if that is possible. If not, I completely understand. Not sure how I can provide my contact info but I’m willing to give it a try.

4. Scott C. Fong says:

Mr. Hadaway:
    I am Jack’s nephew. Thank you for staying with my uncle and administering CPR. The entire family is grateful for your effort. scfong@sbcglobal.net

5. Kathleen Lawton says:

Jack Wing was a wonderful, wonderful person and a dear and lifelong friend. My heart breaks that he ended in this brutal, unnecessary way. It was broad daylight, Jack was in a crosswalk and he was mowed down like roadkill. Utterly defenseless. Jack was an avid walker, very athletic, and always a delightful companion to so many of us. A group of his hiking friends had a wonderful hike on Angel Island in October, honoring the memory of his parents who had made the long journey from China so very many years ago. Jack was beloved and adored by many generations and his loss is immense. I will never forget his wit, his smiling presence and his generosity of spirit. Jack, you did not deserve this; it is heartbreaking to so many people. Thank you, Mr. Hadaway, for being there for Jack in his final moments. So many of us are grateful that someone was there to care.

6. Stuart Quan says:

Mr. Hadaway,
    I am also Jack’s nephew. I also offer you my thanks for your efforts. You may feel free to contact me. Email is on my website.