(Boy I’ll tell you, if I were blogger Eve Batey and I was on the receiving end of a press release from an area business, what I would do is criticize other bloggers for giving free publicity for said business. Then I’d say that it would be better to contact said business, you know, to hit them up for an advertising deal. Then word would get out about that. Then I’d get criticized by members of the local professional media – they’d label such behavior ”unethical” or something. Then I’d call out said members of the local professional media for being “haters.” Then, I’d have more my popular friends also call said members of the local professional media “haters.” If I were blogger Eve Batey.)

And best of all, the new Chipotle’s “Mexican” Grill at 2100 Market will have a MURAL DE ART PUBLICO.

See?

(What’s next, a Chipotle at 20th and Mission? On top of the Mission Dolores Cemetery? At the northeast corner of Dolores Park?)

I’ll tell you, the proper way to get a conditional use permit is to write a check for $15,000 made out to Alex Tourk, you know, to get the ball rolling. Then he’ll tell you what the add-ons will cost you. (You’re going to get a few add-ons, you know, like for pizza night at City Hall.) And then, before you know it, in a matter of days, weeks , months, or years, you’ll get your CUP and then open for bidness.

Hooray!

(Or you can go cheap route by trying to tap your fan base on the Facebook, either way.)

Impresionante!

Here’s your grass roots petition from Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSECMG, in case you want to invest some of your hard-earned pesos – ask your broker!).

“Castro/Upper Market Chipotle

Dear San Francisco Planning Commission,

I support bringing a new Chipotle Mexican Grill to 2100 Market Street, the former location of Home Restaurant. This property has been vacant for over a year and has become an eyesore in our community.

Chipotle plans to do a complete façade remodel including the addition of an outdoor patio. The design, which includes a public art component, would be unique to our neighborhood and created with input from the community.

I also support Chipotle’s commitment to finding the very best ingredients, partnering with suppliers that raise their livestock humanely and farmers that respect the environment. These practices are consistent with San Francisco’s values.

Please vote in favor of revitalizing this corner with a new Chipotle Mexican Grill.

View Signatures without signing

TTFN. But first  check the Facebook of this international S&P 500 corporation:

Hello SF friends! We request your assistance with a petition - http://Chipotle.epetitions.net/ - to help us build a restaurant at 2100 Market Street in the Castro.

Or you can write us at CastroRestaurant@chipotle.com

The petition results and emails will be sent to planning commissioners in support of our effort to secure a conditional use permit to build our restaurant. Thank you for your time and effort! – Joe

• Vincent Tamariz: There are three small business mexican restaurants (and good ones!) all within blocks of this spot. Not a fan of sub-urbanization and losing our character. It offers no “new or needed” service.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “Do You Like Chipotle? Well Then Join the “Grass Roots Effort” to get Permiso de Uso Condicional for Church and Market”

1. S. Serata says:

Has anyone started a petition to block them from entering the Castro? I want to sign that petition. There are great taqueria in the area already and we don’t need McD’s version of Mexican.

2. SeanD says:

Chipoltle – LOL:

Just what we need…

3. Josh A. says:

This is a terrible idea.

I pay Castro rent in order to stay AWAY from crap chains like Chipotle.

Chipotle, stay out of my neighborhood!

4. Kiel says:

Hell no! No more chipotles in SF we’ve already got like 3. Fuck you chain restaurants, stay out of my neighborhood!

5. KAREN says:

NO MORE CHAIN RESTOS! WE HAVE TO PROTECT LOCAL SMALL BUSINESSES

6. KAREN says:

I’ll also sign the petition to block it if there’s one available…

7. Kevin says:

Here’s the petition–there is a meeting at Planning Commission at City Hall this Thursday as well.

8. Anonymous says:

No. I do NOT want a chipotle across from my house. The property has only been vacant because chipotle has had problems with the community that does not want a chipotle. If chipotle did not try to hold onto it, I’m confident the property would easily go to something else. Also, I’d prefer it empty than have a chipotle, or any chain, anyway. Local business only, please.

A local business would create jobs, just as chipotle. There are several chipotle’s in our SMALL city. There’s one two and a half miles away, if that’s even the closest one.

I do not support chipotle and it’s GMO chicken. GMO meat is worse than GMO veggies, in my book. http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-06-18/the-genetically-modified-burrito-chipotle-tells-all

Also, I too pay “Castro rent” to avoid chain restaurants such as chipotle. There’s plenty of other wonderful restaurants – including 3 Mexican restaurants that have better food, on the block.

Please stay away. Thank you.

9. Cyndi says:

Please stay away. Thank you.