Here’s what it’ll look like, buried deep inside the City Centre Mall at Geary and Masonic, you now, the former home of Sears and then Mervyn’s and now the current home of City Target West:

And speaking of chain sto’s, drink it up, Gentle Reader:

Now you’d think one person, perhaps just one solitary millionaire NIMBY, would take two minutes to register an objection, but you’d be wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG! Not a single soul raised a peep, so here comes Chipotle to San Francisco’s District Two.

The gritty nitty from our Planning Commission.

Westeros, the West Side of Frisco, loves, just loves, chain stores, is what I’m saying.

In closing, The Mall Has It All.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “OMG, OMG, Here’s What the New Chipotle at Geary and Masonic Will Look Like – Lesson: Westeros Just _Loves_ Chain Stores”

1. Rob Anderson says:

Why object to Chipotle in a development that already has a Subway, a
    GNC, and Target?

Fair enough. There was quite a bit of opposition to the target but it never gained traction due to the prior uses of this parcel. Church and market has chain stores as well but chipotle is a no-go there…

3. Rachel says:

It is interesting that the chain restaurants that are part of this development did not get as strong reactions as the Target did.
    But I guess this is a good location. Personally I’d rather have all these chains in the same place, so I can avoid them all at the same time.

Should be easy enough as they are tucked out of the way, looks like.

I talked with people yesterday and they thought this was great news..

5. susan evans says:

When is Panera opening near Target???

They’re hiring now.

Maybe Jan-Feb?

7. susan says:

I discovered Panera when I was in Boston in October. I found it to have food that was very tasty and relatively healthy and reasonably priced. I loved their Cobb salads. Also one can get a half sandwich with a salad or soup which is a lighter way to have a meal. I for one am looking forward to the opening even though it is a chain store.

Yeah, I think they have soups and sandwiches.

This mall has been underutilized for a looooong time…

9. Paulie G says:

Anyone know when the Chipotle might be opening? Panera, GNC and some European Wax Center are open so far…

Nope, sorry.

I saw the Panera NOW OPEN sign on Masonic yesterday. Chipotle should be coming soon

11. Claire W says:

Yeah, seriously, is the Chipotle opening up? I thought that I heard that it’ll be any day now. I need this to be true because my craving is growing stronger and I can’t suppress it.

12. sf person says:

I emailed Chipotle today and they replied that they anticipate opening in mid-July.

Mid July? That sounds so far away.

Well, I’ll tell you, this one place will put the back end of Mervyn’s Heights on the map…

14. SF person says:

IT’S OPEN!!!!!!!!!

A bit tricky to find – go to target 2 floor parking lot, next to Sleep Number there are glass doors, walk through the thx-1138 style tunnel and emerge into outdoor courtyard, turn right.

Open until 10 pm!!!

I’ll have to get up there.

Yeah, that tunnel is pretty long, for some reason.