[UPDATE: Oh, here you go, NIMBYs:
"Carli Paine, an SFMTA transportation manager, said about 80 percent of shuttles using Muni stops take passengers to destinations within San Francisco, while the other 20 percent take passengers to destinations outside the city."
So I don't know what that means for this particular stop - it could be that only one entity wants to use it. So it could be 100% intra-city, who knows. Oh, what's that, NIMBY. You're still upset? You're all offer me solutions, offer me alternatives, and I decline? OK fine. Have it your way. But keep in mind that most of your "neighbors" aren't up in arms over this issue, most of your "neighbors" disagree with you. And in any event, August 1st, 2014 will not be the End Of The World As We Know It. You'll feel fine.]
Here’s a direct mail campaign to “save” the SFMTA MUNI DPT bus stop at Hayes and Clayton.
It comes from somebody who has a lot of energy to post and mail flyers, but this effort is coming waaaaay too late in the process.
Now I’m probably a little too close to this issue myself, but I’ll point out that UCSF employees could be the biggest beneficiaries of having the corner of Hayes and Clayton included as inbound and outbound stops during the trial. And I’ll note that UCSF simply gives money to the SFMTA by, among other things, using the bus stops of the 21 Hayes for public relations advertising. And actually, there are so many UCSF shuttles on Fell and Oak that the unneighborly “neighbors” of NoPA probably don’t even notice them any more.
In any event, it’s a free country so you’re free to mail anybody anything.
And I’ll say that it would be nice if our slow and expensive MUNI system would itself use these bus stops more often. (And the 21 Hayes, in particular, still has too many stops.)
Reader Note: If you can’t read the above, I took another shot and posted it below. One photo used a smaller lens and the other one, well, it has focus issues owing to the bent paper, oh well. And I amazed by how different the yellow-y colors look using auto white balance from two different cams, oh well.
Lisa: I’d like 25 copies on Goldenrod.
Lisa: 25 on Canary.
Lisa: 25 on Saffron.
Clerk: All right.
Lisa: And 25 on Paella.
Clerk: Ok, 100 yellow.
Tags: 2014, 21 hayes, apple, bay area, board, bus, california, clayton, Double-Decker, DPT, flier, flyer, genentech, google, hayes, lisa simpson, London Breed, mail, Muni, neighbors, NOPA, nopaneighbors2014, period, San Francisco, sfgov, SFMTA, shuttle, stop, street, supervisors, trial, ucsf, yellow