Archive for the ‘advertising’ Category

Word From The Valley: NIOXIN’s the One!

Thursday, July 24th, 2014

As seen from the 101:

Reminded me of this.

An Effective Billboard from USF: “UNIVERSITY OF THE BEST CITY EVER”

Thursday, June 26th, 2014

Quite arresting, non?

Click to expand

Oh Ho! Move Over Jeff Adachi, There’s a New PUBLIC DEFENDER in Town – Here’s the University of California’s New Ad Campaign

Monday, June 23rd, 2014

Arresting:

Here’s the pitch from this new SFMTA MUNI DPT bus stop ad campaign:

In short, UC kicks ass.

That stupid logo proposal is still being defended for what reason I don’t know, but Life Goes On at the UC.

Found Object: Crass Marketing from David Clay Jewelers – From the “Condescending and a Little Douchebaggy Campaign” of 2012

Wednesday, June 11th, 2014

“DOES YOUR DAUGHTER HAVE A BETTER DIAMOND THAN YOUR WIFE?”

At least that’s what I think this ad is asking:

Click to expand

Ah, memories.

Monarch the Bear Has Had Enough of California: Famous Grizzly Shown Exiting State Flag for Greener Pastures

Tuesday, June 3rd, 2014

From the official State of California Energy Upgrade California roadshow:

Click to expand

I’m srsly, they’ve got a whole Have You Seen The Bear thing going on these days

Monarch was last seen boarding a Greyhound bus headed to Dallas, Texas.

Who approved this California-backed marketing campaign? Was it Lou Avery?

Hey Look, That Plane That Caused a Blackout in SoMA Last Year is Back in Business – The Dangers of Towed Banner Ads

Thursday, May 8th, 2014

Well, here it is, a rare 1947 Sintson 108-2 over Golden Gate Park towing a banner, so that means it’s the very aircraft that dropped a different banner on SoMA last year, causing a blackout.

Ah memories:

“The aircraft, a Stinson 108, operating as a banner tow, experienced a release of the banner for reasons unknown. The banner displaying “$8.99 HAIRCUT SALE ENDS TODAY…” fell onto power lines at Fifth & Brannan Streets in San Francisco, California, causing a brief interruption of local power.  Note: Ad-Viation has registered two Stinson 108′s, N331C and N6053M, possibly out of Hayward Executive – KHWD.”

Well let’s hope this doesn’t happen again….

Forget About The Hookup Truck, This Local Van Offers Mobile “Johnson Massage” – Also, “Herb Services!”

Monday, May 5th, 2014

Only in SF:

Click to expand

How the MSM Rolls Through Frisco: Undercover, Baby!

Tuesday, April 29th, 2014

And if you were in charge of these rigs, you’d be sorely tempted to unwrap the advertising wraps as well, on account of all the little monsters who want to assault journalists, steal equipment and vandalize vans:

Click to expand

Gurbaksh “G” Chahal in His Own Words – Speaking Out on the Weekend He Got Fired as CEO of RadiumOne Due To Recent Domestic Violence Convictions

Sunday, April 27th, 2014

Well, here’s a fresh blog post from infamous Gurbaksh “G” Chahal:

Can You Handle the Truth? By Gurbaksh Chahal | April 27, 2014 |The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth;

DO PEOPLE REALLY GET TAKEN IN BY THIS “THE TRUTH” STUFF? WASN’T THE SOVIET UNION’S BIG NEWS AGENCY CALLED “THE TRUTH?” WHO IS THIS FOR, “G?” YOUR RELATIVES, YOUR “TRUE” BELIEVERS? AND WHY DID YOU PAY DISASTER MASTER SAM SINGER ALL THAT MONEY IF THIS IS WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO? DID HE APPROVE THIS? I DON’T KNOW…

Right now there are many people calling for my head. I am the recipient of death threats and hateful language aimed not just at what I was accused of, but attacking me for my ethnicity, my social class, and even my gender. Many would gladly lynch me based because of my origin–and not the facts of my case.

NOBODY WANTS TO KILL YOU, “G,” NOT REALLY. SO YOUR “DEATH THREATS” AREN’T ALL THAT SERIOUS IRL. AND YOU’RE PLAYING THE RACE CARD NOW? YOU’RE NOT DOING IT WELL, DUDE. ALL THESE UNIDENTIFIED HAZARDS FOR POOR DEFENSELESS “G?” OMG, HOW SAD FOR YOU, G! BUT I THINK OUR TOLERANCE FOR MAUDLIN THROAT-CLEARING IS REACHING A LIMIT…

I know that I cannot change the minds of those who choose to hate me without cause—and base their hate only on the misrepresentations they have read, but I hope that others will be open minded and give me the opportunity to tell my story and paint a broader and very different picture.

MAYBE THEY HATE WHAT YOU DID AND THEY DON’T ACTUALLY HATE YOU. MAYBE IF YOU APOLOGIZED FOR WHAT YOU DID, THEN PEOPLE WOULD LIKE YOU MORE, JUST SAYING.

Before I begin, I want to make it abundantly clear that I abhor violence of any kind, most especially against women. I created a foundation to fight hate crimes. I consider intimate partner violence and domestic violence in that same category.

WHAT’S THIS? “INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE?” THAT’S A NEW ONE ON ME. BUT WEREN’T YOU CONVICTED DUE TO CHARGES OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE? WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE? IDK. ARE YOU SAYING THE WOMAN YOU ATTACKED WASN’T/ISN’T YOUR GF?

I was charged with 45 felony counts of domestic violence.

HEY, WHY’S THAT, G? BECAUSE JULIET KAKISH CALLED 911 ON YOU. WHY WOULD SHE DO THAT, G?

All of those charges were dropped,

BECAUSE YOU HAD A DEAL TO GET CONVICTED OF CHARGES OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, RIGHT?

and ultimately the case settled when the DA’s office recognized they had no case

IF THEY HAD NO CASE, THEN WHY DO YOU GET CONVICTED OF CHARGES OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE? DUH.

and offered me a misdemeanor plea. I accepted that plea, because after a lot of soul searching I believed I was acting in the best interest of my company, my employees, my customers, my family, my friends and my investors.

DO YOU THINK YOU WERE ACTING IN THE BEST INTEREST OF ALL THESE PEOPLE AND ENTITIES WHEN YOU WERE ATTACKING JULIET?

I fully understand the outrage of those who believe I got off “lightly” as asserted by numerous postings on social media sites.

AND NEWSPAPERS TOO, RIGHT?

But the $500 fine I agreed to pay, the equivalent of a speeding ticket, is simply what those misdemeanors require, and in no way reflects the toll that this ordeal has exacted on me.

ALL RIGHT, WELL YOU ALSO ARE ON PROBATION FOR THREE YEARS, RIGHT? AND YOU AGREED TO HOW MANY CLASSES ON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE? OH, AND HOW MUCH MONEY DID YOU SPEND ON PUBLIC RELATIONS? A LOT, I’LL BET. AND SPEAKING OF WHICH, HOW MUCH OF YOUR MONEY WENT TO INFAMOUS ATTORNEY MARK GERAGOS? EVEN MORE, I’LL BET. AND HOW MUCH OF YOU MONEY WENT TO JULIET? EVEN MORE AGAIN, I’LL BET. THAT’S HARDLY A ‘SPEEDING TICKET,” G. AND THE PRICE OF YOUR CRIMES, THE LITERAL PRICE, ISN’T MEANT TO REFLECT ANY “TOLL” ON YOU – THERE’S NO RELATIONSHIP, SO YOU SHOULDN’T EXPECT YOUR GULLIBLE READERS TO EXPECT A CONNECTION, RIGHT?

There can be no dollar value placed on the pain and suffering I have caused my family and friends, my employees and customers my investors, and everyone else who has looked up to me in the past. The humiliation and shame I feel is immeasurable. The dollar cost to my business and my reputation is incalculable.

NOT REALLY, BUT ANYWAY…

I could have spent another year fighting the charges against me, which I truly wanted to do for my family’s sake. I would have prevailed in this fight because the allegations by police against me were overblown and grossly exaggerated.

UH OH, YOU MIGHT MAKE YOUR JUDGE START FEELING PANGS OF REGRET.

They made good press, but quite literally, they did not hold up in court.

UH, THIS IS WHAT YOU SAY ONLY AFTER GETTING ACQUITTED OF ALL CHARGES OR WHEN ALL THE CHARGES AGAINST YOU HAVE BEEN DROPPED. THAT DIDN’T OCCUR IN THIS CASE, RIGHT?

I want you to know that this is not an excuse. I know that intimate partner violence is never excusable under any circumstances.

SO I GUESS SHE WAS NEVER YOUR GF, IS THAT WHAT YOU’RE SAYING?

I recognize that my temper got the better of me, and I will regret that for the rest of my life.

ANY OTHER SIMILAR INCIDENTS THAT YOU REGRET, G? (OH, DON’T ANSWER THAT ONE.)

But there is a difference between temper and domestic violence,

I THINK I KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TRYING TO SAY HERE, G, BUT YOU AIN’T TALKING GOOD HERE, JUST SAYING.

and the truth of what actually happened is no where close to what the police claimed nor anywhere near what the online chatter and pundits are now making it out to be.

WELL, SHOW US YOUR VIDEO AND THEN LET US DECIDE, WHY NOT? YOU REMEMBER THAT VIDEO? IT GOT SUPPRESSED BY A JUDGE, LUCKY YOU.

I have two sisters, a niece and a mother. I love them all to death, and would never want any harm to ever come their way.

ALL RIGHT, THIS ISN’T REALLY RELEVANT, BUT WE’LL GIVE YOU THIS ONE.

The situation that resulted in my legal case began when I discovered that my girlfriend was having unprotected sex for money with other people.

OH, GIRLFRIEND, ALL RIGHT, I DIDN’T KNOW. BUT YOU BETTER BE CAREFUL HERE, G, AS MR. MARK GERAGOS MIGHT COME AFTER YOU IF HE THINKS YOU’RE BREAKING YOUR AGREEMENT WITH JULIET. OH, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE BEING CAREFUL – GOOD FOR YOU, G!

(She testified to this in her interviews with the cops.)

AH, YOU’VE BEEN COUNSELED ON THIS ISSUE, I SEE. YES, VERY CLEVER, G. IF SHE SAID THEN YOU CAN SAY IT, RIGHT?

I make no excuse for losing my temper. When I discovered this fact and confronted my girlfriend, we had a normal argument.

NOT SURE EXACTLY WHAT YOU’RE SAYING HERE, G. SHE WENT FOR A WEEKEND IN LAS VEGAS AND SHE SAID SHE HAD SEX WITH SOME GUY AND SHE GOT $2500 “FOR EXPENSES.” SHE DIDN’T SAY SHE ENGAGED IN PROSTITUTION I DON’T THINK.

She called 9-11 after I told her I was going to contact her father regarding her activities.

DIDN’T YOU SAY YOU WERE GOING TO KILL HER AS WELL?

And yes, I lost my temper. I understand, accept full responsibility and sincerely apologize from the bottom of my heart for that. But I didn’t hit her 117 times, injure her, or cause any trauma as the UCSF medical reports clearly document.

WELL THE REPORTS DON’T INDICATE YOU ACTUALLY HIT HER 117 TIMES. BUT HOW MANY TIMES _DID_ YOU HIT HER, G? (IN ADDITION TO EVERYTHING ELSE, G, YOU’RE NOT THAT BRIGHT, ARE YOU, G?)

This was all overblown drama because it generates huge volumes of page views for the media given what I have accomplished in the valley.

SO YOU DIDN’T HIT HER? SO YOU DIDN’T THREATEN TO KILL HER, IS THAT WHAT YOU’RE SAYING?

Thee tape in question that was thrown was also bullshit.

IT’S ON TAPE? DIDN’T KNOW THAT G. THE VIDEO YOU MADE WAS “BULLSHIT?” DO TELL MORE.

If anything, it actually made the SFPD look bad because they violently assaulted me as I opened my door despite my being fully cooperative.

RELEASE IT THEN, G

The girl in question here, was herself so appalled by the false allegations made by the police, that she agreed to be photographed to demonstrate that there were no bruises or injuries.

REALLY? HEY G, DID YOU GIVE HER ANY HUSH MONEY, CAN YOU REMEMBER THAT FAR BACK?

She could have left my apartment at any time during the argument. She felt safe and chose to stay. Those pictures she agreed to take would have been entered into evidence had my case proceeded, and they would have proven that the police claims were egregiously misleading.

SO RELEASE THE VIDEO THEN, G

Celebrities in sports, entertainment and business, and high net worth individuals in general are all potential targets. It was only a matter of time when I would fall prey.

HEH, HEHE, AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! POOR “G!” HEY G, COULD THIS KIND OF THING BE CONSIDERED “DISPARAGEMENT?” MMM…

I have to accept that many will still want to hate me no matter what I say to bring clarity to my legal case which is now over.

WELL, YOU ARE KIND OF JERK, YOU KNOW, ANYWAY.

But the fact of the matter is that they are jumping to conclusions based on falsified allegations.

SO WHY DID YOU TAKE THE PLEA?

My case could not have settled in the way that it did if the allegations were true.

WELL, TELL US ALL THE DETAILS FIRST, G. UNTIL YOU DO THAT, WE’LL NEVER KNOW, HUH?

Trust me, the DA’s were like a pack of rabid dogs coming after me.

THAT’S THE HIGHEST COMPLIMENT YOU COULD PAY TO THEM AT THIS POINT.

If they had a case, they would have stuck with it.

THEY DID STAY WITH IT. U R CONVICTED, G. YOU’RE ON PROBATION, G. AND YOU’RE TAKING MANDATORY CLASSES, RIGHT?

I only hope for two things: first that people who I work so hard to inspire are not discouraged by the false allegations and blogosphere spins,

HEY G, DON’T KNOCK YOURSELF OUT. YOU’LL STILL HAVE SOME TRUE BELIEVERS REGARDLESS.

and, secondly, I hope others who are not in my shoes–and who have jumped on the bandwagon of criticism against me after the conclusion of my legal proceedings—will be open minded and give me the opportunity to tell them the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

WELL RELEASE THE VIDEO THEN, G.

I apologize to my family, my friends, employees, my customers and my investors all who have suffered from this bad publicity related to my personal matter.

THIS ISN’T APOLOGY PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU, G. FRANKLY.

I have learned a lot from this experience, and I will continue to grow. As CEO of RadiumOne, I vow to make it a hugely successful company, a great place to work, and a wonderful partner in the community.

WELL, YOU AIN’T CEO NO MO, RIGHT? DIDN’T YOU KNOW THE BOARD WAS MEETING WHEN YOU WROTE THIS?

I’ve always wanted the best for others.

I’LL DENY THIS. SORRY.

I have been a tireless fighter against hate crimes through my Foundation, and a huge supporter of education through my scholarship funds.

MEH.

What I am proudest of in my success thus far in life is that I have created jobs and opportunities for people, while building commerce and strengthening our community. Actions speak louder than words, and it is these actions, not the false allegations and spins that you might have read through these various blogs shine light on my real character, on the person I truly am and always want to be.

G, YOU’VE BEEN CONVICTED OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. LIKE RECENTLY, RIGHT?

What is the American Dream? That you can come from nothing and make something of yourself not once, not twice but three times, only to have all of it come crashing down from misinformation, that is spun wildly out of control into the world of make believe and then goes viral into the blogosphere.

WOW. ARE YOU AGAINST THE INTERNET, G?

We need to hold on to the American Dream, and reject those who would rather make it a nightmare. Our Founding Fathers believed in the dream, why not the bloggers.

ALL RIGHT, THIS IS UNUSUAL TESTIMONY, BUT I’LL ALLOW IT.

WELL THAT’S IT. WHEN RADIUMONE GOES UNDER, WHENEVER THAT HAPPENS, YOUR RECENT CRIME WILL BE IN THE OBITUARY, G.

The Best Billboard Ever: “HEADED TO WORK? SO ARE THE BURGLARS” – Bay Alarm Really Makes You Think

Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014