Archive for the ‘crime’ Category

Here’s a Good Lesson for You Graffiti Artists: Don’t Go Too Far When Tagging Road Signs – These Photos Will Amaze You

Tuesday, February 25th, 2014

Or not.

But anyway, this kind of graffiti on 101 South allows the underlying sign to perform its function, so CalTrans is likely to leave things alone for a while:

But artwork like this is intolerable – Caltrans didn’t allow it for too long:

See how the Staties handled this particular sign right here, at a webpage that will amaze you.

Or not.

But please, parasites, please remember not to kill the host – that’s the #1 rule of parasitism, right?

SFPD Park Station is Having a Major Enforcement Action on Masonic Avenue These Days – Police Cruisers Everywhere

Monday, February 24th, 2014

Obviously, there’s a push to catch traffic violators on Masonic betwixt Oak and Geary these days.

Blue lights at Geary, as the college girls come back from Target without bags because bags cost ten cents each:

Here are two more coming up from Oak:

And there were others as well.

Typically they’ll turn right on northbound Masonic to go ’round the block for another try.

They don’t particularly care about speeding per se, because pretty much everybody goes faster than the new 25 MPH limit. So they’ll let ten speeders go past and then bag the 11th, because she was going signif. faster

This is not the usual situation on Masonic, just saying,

That’s the update.

Advice to Mouthy White Boys on How to Deal with the SFPD (WITHOUT Getting Arrested)

Monday, February 24th, 2014

1. This is just my experience, but I heard this story (see below) repeated by various people in various locations over the weekend. It could be that this one has gone viral IRL.

2. I’ll tell you, 99+% of the time when an SFPD officer asks people to clear an accident scene, people actually get up and clear the accident scene. By not clearing the scene, you’re basically saying that the peace officer you’re talking to doesn’t have the authoritah to do so. You’re making things personal.

3. If you want to hang about at an accident or crime scene, simply lie. Say, “I seen it, I seen it, I saw the whole thing!” Then you might get upgraded to Witness status and then you’ll actually have a reason for being on scene when the LT comes by to check on things, which happens sometimes.

4. Believe it or not Dude, there are situations where I myself might be asked to arrest you yourself. I’d be very unlikely to do that since I’m not a peace officer. If you sued me for false arrest, I’d have to take you seriously. OTOH, peace officers, such as the very ones you’re crusading against, do have broad powers to arrest people.Do you realize that, Dude?

5. If the SFPD is worried about getting sued, it might be over the privacy rights of those they are assisting. Did you ever think of that, Dude?

6. The SFPD has the highest-paid cops in the world. If officers don’t live in SF it’s because they choose not to live in SF. So yeah, they’ll say SF is “too expensive, but what they mean is that SF is too expensive for what you get. Do you see the difference here, Dude?

7. You don’t know which parts of the story to omit, Dude. You win points for honesty, but you ended up digging your hole deeper.

8. What do you want, a medal for calling 911?

9. Your friends and family and employees might support your struggle, but here’s what most people are thinking, more or less:

…having read the story, if I were to put a percentage for who is at fault in this situation for ending up in jail I’d assign Mr. TechDudeBroDouche 70%, and 30% to over aggressive policing.”

All this means is that you didn’t explain yourself very well, Dude.

All the deets:

Good Samaritan Backfire or How I Ended Up in Solitary After Calling 911 for Help

“I identified myself as the caller to the half dozen police who poured out of squad cars and stepped back onto the sidewalk in front of Radius restaurant. Sgt. Espinoza, short,* stout,* grey and assertive, asked Ben and me whether we had witnessed the accident. We said that we hadn’t, but arrived shortly thereafter. I was standing 15 feet from the scene beside Officer Kaur, a stocky* female* of South Asian** complexion.** She turned to me and abruptly said that I was not needed as a witness and should leave immediately. I told her we were headed home,** just across the way,** when my friend and I encountered the accident;** and that I’d recently broken my elbow** in a similar bike accident** here** and deeply cared about the outcome.**”

*It’s payback time, bitches!

**OMG, TMI, too much information, objection, relevance. Why should the SFPD care about your elbow?

I Disagree with This “YOU JUST BLEW $10,000″ Ad Campaign for Drunk Drivers – A “.08″ Blow Won’t Cost You 10K in Frisco

Friday, February 21st, 2014

I don’t think.

Click to expand

JMO

Here’s what happens IRL – there are many examples here, for better or worse.

OMG, the San Francisco Police Officers Association is Giving Away Kryptonite Bike Locks – Bicycle Theft Workshop at the Twitter Building March 13th

Friday, February 21st, 2014

Pretty much:

“1st 45 people who bring an old cable lock to SAFE Bikes event will get a new @kryptonitelock u-lock! http://www.safebikes.org/events.html  @SFPDBikeTheft

Check it:

But they have a few questions for you:





OK fine, but the Twitter Office isn’t all that exciting. Consider it a victory if they let you out onto the roof.

Oh and it it looks like the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has nothing to do with this event, except for parking bikes out front. Mmmm.

Anyway, enjoy.

“Sovereign” Beautifully Lordes Over the Western Addition – All Hail Our New Graffiti Royalty – No Curses, Just Cursive

Tuesday, February 18th, 2014

As seen in Alamo Square:

However briefly…

You can be my ruler, Sovereign.

Dawn Patrol: The SFPD Rousting Bleary-Eyed, Bicycle-Thieving Hippies at 6 AM in Golden Gate Park, 94117

Wednesday, January 29th, 2014

This is what it looks like, in the middle of the Panhandle halfway betwixt Fell and Oak, sometimes, when Park Station goes on we-own-the-night Dawn Patrol:

Click to expand

SFPD Crown Vic radio cars do OK driving on the grass, until it gets too muddy in there.

Look out, sleepy hippies!

Market Street Update: Seven SFPD Beat Cops Who Just LOVE LOVE LOVE Blondie “Red Bull Girls”

Monday, January 20th, 2014

Community policing in action, Market Street USA, from a few years ago:

Click to expand

Arthur Christ Agnos was Almost Assassinated Four Decades Ago – A Short Read on Former San Francisco Mayor Art Agnos

Friday, January 17th, 2014

All the deets of what occurred at 991 Wisconsin Street 40 years ago.

And here’s more

Click to expand

These days, Mayor Agnos need only worry about attempted character assassinations from the likes of recent Props B & C election loser* Nate Ballard

*I’m sorry, this is the innernet – should have written it as “looser” Nate Ballard. Poor Nate! Will you ever win?

Huge Panel of Glass Crashes Into the Twitterloin – Photo of Scene Near Twitter and NeMA – Crystal Blue Dissuasion

Thursday, January 16th, 2014

Today’s lunchtime scene of the the Mid-Market Twitterloin Tax-Free Enterprise Zone via Kevin Montgomery and his excellent Uptown Almanac site:

“Outside Twitter HQ, a giant window pane falls. Man on the street starts yelling ‘Crystal Blue! Heiiisenberggg!’”  

Click to expand

Did all this glass (you tell me, glaziers – Azuria (nee Azurlite?) fall from a truck or did it come from up high? IDK.

I’ll tell you, the whole reason that Twitter has a bad image around town started off with this:

Prospective Twitter Landlord Gave Newsom Rent Deal

In fact, you all might have better off moving to Brisbane after all, Twitter. A fair percentage of your employees would have preferred that, actually. And it’s not too late to pay your taxes, you know. Why not go back and redo your taxes using the laws that existed a decade ago, the ones signed into law by… former Mayor Gavin Newsom? Yes he signed a payroll tax law that caught part of a company’s stock options when they went public. Why not figure this amount and just donate it to the SF General Fund? People would appreciate it.