You (but not your car) are invited to the “Green” Grand Opening of the Presidio’s Public Health Service District on Saturday, September 25th, 2010. This joint will occur in and around the Presidio Landmark, which is just north of Lake and 15th Avenue.
Saturday, September 25
11 am to 4 pm
The Public Health Service District – site of the park’s largest historic building – has been revitalized as a “green” neighborhood where people live, work, and enjoy the outdoors. Be among the first to explore and enjoy this historic area long closed to the public.
As it looked just a couple years ago:
Click to expand
See you there!
Questions? (415) 561-5418
- Tour the historic former hospital (now Presidio Landmark housing), nurses’ quarters, and surgeon’s houses, and learn how they have been sustainably transformed into contemporary homes and workplaces
- San Francisco food carts and music
- EcoVillage showcasing sustainable ideas and non-profit organizations
- Lobos Creek Scenic Overlook and Anza Historic Trail
- Fun for kids provided by the Presidio Community YMCA
- Presentations by staff who worked on the projects
- Tenant open houses
- Sustainable Prizes, giveaways and more
Getting to the event:
The Public Health Service District is located in the southern Presidio, inside the 14th and 15th Avenue Gates, just west of Mountain Lake. There is NO EVENT PARKING within the Public Health Service District, but free parking is available on the Main Post. Please read the transportation options below.
1) Drive to the Main Post and Take the Free Event Shuttle to the Open House
Drive to the Presidio’s Main Post and park at the south end of the Main Parade Ground (near Presidio Bowling Center). Parking is free. Special shuttles will pick you up from this point and take you to the events at the Public Health Service District. Free shuttle service runs on a continuous loop every 15 minutes between the Main Post and the Public Health Service District from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm.
The closest MUNI routes to the event site are the Geary and California lines, and the MUNI 28. After getting off the bus, walk to the Public Health Service District. Enter at either the 14th Avenue or 15th Avenue Gate.
Bicycle to the event and enjoy free bike valet parking. Enter at either the 14th Avenue or 15th Avenue Gate. For a map of bicycle trails at the Presidio Trust, click here.