October 16th, 2011 will be on a Sunday so I’ll prolly be breakin’ in the malls, breakin’ on the streets, natch, but you, you’ve got kids, so you should head down to SoMA for Yerba Buena Family Day 2011.
“…San Francisco’s biggest daylong family block party with free admission, special art activities and free performances for children and families at the following venues within 1 or 2 blocks of each other in the Yerba Buena arts district at 3rd Street and Mission Street in downtown San Francisco.”
That means that Target will pick up the tab when you visit the SFMOMA, the Jew Mu, the MoAD and the Children’s Creativity Museum.
Hurray! (Hey Target, why are you taking so long to open down there in Metreon? Or for that matter, Geary and Masonic. C’mon, wiki wiki.)
All right, see you and your fam there!
All the deets:
- Be inspired by the exhibition Richard Serra Drawing: A Retrospective
- Sketch, scribble, and squiggle your way through the wonderful world
- Marvel at Harry Houdini’s famous escape acts in the exhibition Houdini: Art and Magic
- Thrill to a live performance by The Magic of Chin-Chin
- Tour the exhibition COLLECTED: Stories of Acquisition and Reclamation
- Make a memory box to take home, participate in a drumming workshop,
- Be among the first to experience the Museum’s freshly redesigned exhibits including the new Imagination Lab
- Create clay animations, music videos, digital art, and more
- Ride the historic carousel for free
- From hula dancers to taiko drummers, enjoy live performances on the
Esplanade Stage in the Gardens from 11 AM – 3:30 PM
- Delight in the clowning of Unique Derique and the grooves of the
Venezuelan Music Project on the Children’s Stage near the Children’s
Creativity Museum from 12 – 3 PM