Now check it – everybody’s favorite psycho killer hippie Scorpio somehow got on the roof of famously-sawtoothed* 555 California, you know, in order to start the carnage. See?
Click to expand
Now wouldn’t it be cool to go swimming up there on a dreaded sunny day?
Well, we’ll never know – here’s how it looks these days:
Empty empty empty.
I’ll get some more screen grabs and make some more posts from this movie later on.
In the meantime, check out all the locations – there are lots and lots:
In San Francisco:
- 555 California Street
- California Hall, 625 Polk Street (until recently, the California Culinary Academy)
- San Francisco City Hall
- Hall of Justice – 850 Bryant Street
- Forest Hill Station
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District, 750 Kearny Street – rooftop swimming pool in opening scenes
- Kezar Stadium – Frederick Street, Golden Gate Park
- Dolores Park, Mission District
- Mount Davidson
- Sts. Peter and Paul Church, Washington Square, 666 Filbert Street
- Washington Square, North Beach
- Big Al’s, 556 Broadway St.
- Roaring 20′s strip club, 552 Broadway
- North Beach, San Francisco
- Other locations
- Larkspur Landing — scene of Callahan and Scorpio’s showdown, known as the Hutchinson’s Rock Quarry when filmed
- Greenbrae, California
- Mill Valley, California
- Universal Studios Hollywood — San Francisco Street (Hot dog café / Bank robbery sequence)
*So every shark laboring at triple-five Cal can have his/her own “corner office,” of sorts, that’s why the BofA Building has that distinctive shape.