First there was the Renault Twizy:
As seen on Page:
And now there’s the highly similar Nissan Quad:
Race them if you want to:
All the deets:
A Scoot Quad is a mini electric car that can carry two people. Say hello to the Quads and get ready to explore the city in a whole new way.
• Top speed of 25 MPH
• Range of 40 city miles
• $1 of electricity to fill ‘er up from a normal wall outlet
• Gets the equivalent of 250 MPG (after doing the math to convert the electrical energy to dirty gas equivalent)
• Produces 6% of the CO2 per mile of a car (including the emissions from the power plants that make the electricity)
• US drivers license and Scoot membership required
• Carries two people — that’s what the backseat is for!
• No freeways, bridges, or roads with speed limits over 35 MPH
• Quads are $6 up to 30 min, 20¢ per minute afterwards.