I’ll tell you, I don’t know a thing regarding what Oracle people are saying about Larry Ellison abruptly canceling the Keynote Address scheduled for Oracle OpenWorld today.
But it looks like Oracle is running scared, huh?
No matter, you can still watch this year’s Keynote by tuning in online – it won’t be at the convention itself, it’ll be just up the street.
Artist’s conception of Larry Ellison – look for him to be even douchier come America’s Cup 2013:
Click to expand
(Now, speaking of Salesforce, it took a while, but finally the $omewhat-corrupt Ed Lee Admini$tration is under$tanding how Salesforce is more important to $an Francisco than glamorous Twitter and Zynga combined. Proof of this is the fact that Salesforce now gets mentioned in the same breath when Twitter and Zynga get discussed in Ed Lee press release / campaign material. Is that a good thing? I don’t know.)
Anyway, all the deets:
“Oracle Cancels Salesforce.com Keynote at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 - Join Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff at the Ame Restaurant in San Francisco to experience the power of the cloud
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 4, 2011 — Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that Oracle cancelled salesforce.com‘s keynote at Oracle OpenWorld 2011. Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff will now speak on Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2011 at 10:30 a.m. PT at Ame Restaurant in the St. Regis Hotel, San Francisco, CA. Immediately following Benioff’s talk, at approximately 12:00 p.m. PT, he will host a press Q&A. Both events will be streamed live on salesforce.com‘s website at www.salesforce.com/live.
“Oracle just cancelled my keynote tomorrow. But the show must go on! Everyone is welcome to join me at Ame Restaurant tomorrow to hear about the social enterprise. Sorry Larry, the cloud can’t be stopped,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com.
– To watch Benioff’s session and the press Q&A live, go to
– A live audiocast of Benioff’s session and the press Q&A will be
available at http://www.salesforce.com/company/investor/.
– Follow @salesforce on Twitter.
– Become a fan of salesforce.com on Facebook:
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com‘s real-time, multitenant architecture, the company’s platform and application services include:
– Salesforce Chatter, a secure, private social network for your business
– Salesforce Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact
– Salesforce Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
– Salesforce Radian6, for social media monitoring and engagement
– Salesforce Data.com, for the most complete source of accurate business
– AppExchange, the leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing
– Force.com, for custom application development
– Heroku, for building social and mobile customer apps
– Database.com, the world’s first enterprise cloud database
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.”