For some reason.
I’ll tell you, those canceled protests are oftentimes more interesting than the ones that go forward…
“Commercial Office Buildings Missing the Mark in San Francisco’s Efforts to Achieve Zero Waste
Labor, Environmental Leaders to Release Report Outlining How Commercial Office Buildings Can Achieve True Zero Waste by 2020
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – POSTPONED members the BlueGreen Alliance and Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 87 will join with local labor, environmental and civic leaders to release and show support for the report
Making Zero Mean Zero: Waste Diversion in San Francisco’s Commercial Office Buildings.
Findings in the report reveal actions at some of the city’s commercial buildings are hampering the city’s efforts to achieve zero waste and the report outlines recommendations to achieving true zero waste by 2020 — a goal of the city.
The report was prepared by the BlueGreen Alliance — a national partnership of unions and environmental organizations representing 14 million members and supporters.
WHAT: Labor, environmental, and civic leaders call for commercial office buildings owners in San Francisco to reduce waste and increase recycling. The event will feature Spanish speakers.
WHO: BlueGreen Alliance California Director Lisa Hoyos, SEIU Local 87 President Olga Miranda, SEIU Local 87 Members, Supervisor John Avalos (District 11), Interim Supervisor Christina Olague (District 5)
WHERE: In front of San Francisco City Hall”
So, do I think we’re going to have a million electric cars on the road by 2015, as was pledged? Nope!
And do I think that 10% of all trips in San Francisco will be made by bicycle by 2010? Oh, wait, we missed that one already – that got pushed back to 2020, when 20% of all trips made in San Francisco will be made by bicycle, for sure, like totally man, like guaranteed. (And then when that doesn’t happen, the new goal will be 30% of all trips made in San Francisco being made by bicycle by the year 2030.) Anyway, nope!
And now, do I think that all the commercial office buildings of San Francisco will produce “true zero waste” by 2020? Nope!
Anyway, don’t go to City Hall at 11:30 AM tomorrow cause nothing’ll be going on…