All right, here’s the new side-of-the-bus ad from our SFMTA, the slowest large transit agency in American history (And I’m srsly on that one. Can you name me one slower? OK then.)
“Do You Know What You’re Getting Into?”
Click to expand
By the numbers:
1. Trained drivers with extensive training [And people say bloggers talk funny!]
2. Proper insurance [A low blow! But yes, SFMTA, you have a valid point here.]
3. Your support of local San Francisco drivers. [Some yes, some not]
4. Driver background checks. [Meh.]
5. Safety and meter inspection [Meh.]
6. Formal process for dispute resolution [Meh.]
OK, now how old are you, SFMTA? Not too old but old enough to have been in charge of this:
Was this SFMTA-licensed driver trained with extensive training to, IDK, investigate fires before people die?
Apparently not. How many fares have Lyft drivers killed?
One of your vaunted, extensively-trained, fully licensed and insured drivers started up his fully-inspected meter and then immediately set about murdering his fare, right, SFMTA?
So, what the Hell?
All right, SFMTA, you might have some good points about Lyft and Sidecar and Uber (look for the orange rear-view window cozies, I’m srsly) and the illegal limos and the out-of-town taxi drivers making illegal pickups in the 415.
But you are biased by your 50% tax on taxi medallions, among other things.
So let’s mark this effort as yet another failed initiative from the SFMTA.