Here it is, a brand-new “Captain’s Message” from the Outside Lands.
I’ve never seen anything like this.
1. Oh, so this is the beef from elements of the SFPD against George Gascon? News to me.
2. Here’s the referenced opinion piece from the ‘Xam. I’ll note that the writer is trying to sway opinion afore Frisco’s next election day in June 2016, so we’re getting pretty political here, non? (And in that election, we’ll get to vote for DCCC candidates, who then will officially endorse candidates running in November 2016 and all this could affect who runs the SFPD and, of course, which station captains work where, just saying.)
3. And when I saw this: Read Captain Flaherty’s April 2016 message to the Taraval Community, I thought that the topic would be, and I’m srsly, Racist SFPD Testing Scandal 2.0, which came out of a rape investigation involving an SFPD officer working out of Taraval Station. This whole affair was the talk of the Westside on NextDoor.com last year, IIRC. But no, it’s a station captain lobbing shotgun beanbags at our DA. Surprise surprise.
4. “Bundle Prosecution?” I’ve never heard this term. Hey, you know, this would have made a great CWNevius posting – I wonder why he didn’t articulate this one. Now I’ve already heard the beef about the SFPD arresting people only to have the SFDA spring them, but I’ve always chalked that up to San Francisco’s notorious jury pool and also some of our more liberal judges. And I still do, actually.
5. Man, how many car windows do you have to break in order to get nine arrests? I’ll tell you, my car made it a decade and a half on the streets of the 94117 with zero broken glass. But the past six months, I’ve lost two windows (with nothing taken, there’s nothing worth stealing really, except for the quarters in the coin tray, which, of course, was left untouched). Now, do you think I’m going to report this? No. And if did, do you think the perpetrators would get caught? Prolly not. And then the people have to get caught get nine times? Wow, as stated, news to me.
6. And there’s something about the borders of Taraval Station that isn’t synonymous with the Westside? I’m baffled by that. Taraval Station is prototypical westside, IMO.
Take a look yourself, below. (I didn’t read all of it, I got bored halfway through.)