It’s easy to play.
All the deets.
A 2011 submission from Donald Chan:
“The LoveLife photo competition returns for a second year with two new categories and many more prizes! Submit your loveliest photos of Academy life and conservation photography to be judged by top photo editors and experts. Then vote for your favorite photos online to be entered in the People’s Choice Award. All winners will be announced at the March 1st Nightlife. Visit the new Love Life Photo exhibit in the Children’s Gallery to see last year’s winners.
Entry deadline: February 1st, 2012
How to Enter
From January 1st, 2012 through February 1st, 2012 post your high resolution photograph entries on Flickr and tag your photos “lovelife2012”.
- Land life: butterflies, snakes, alligator… all life on land
- Aquatic life: fish, sea stars, coral… all life underwater
- Family life: people at the Academy
- NightLife: the Academy at night
- Mobile life: the Academy captured by smart phone
- Protect life: photography that encourages awareness or action for the natural world
Categories 1-5 must be photographed in the Academy between February 14, 2011 and February 1, 2012. Category 6 may be taken anywhere.
- Michael Carabetta, Chronicle Books Design Director
- Eric Chang, Lytro Director of Photography
- Suzi Esterhaus, Wildlife Photographer
- Greg Farrington, Academy Executive Director
- Russell Yip, San Francisco Chronicle Photo Editor
- Grand Prize winner: Dinner and hotel getaway in San Francisco, including a room at Hotel Vitale and dinner at 54 Mint, a Lytro 16GB Light Field Camera, Adobe Photoshop, and an Academy Conservation Photography Excursion
- Six Category winners: a Lytro 8GB Light Field Camera,Chronicle photography books, and an Academy Conservation Photography Workshop.
- People’s Choice Award: Adobe Photoshop and Chronicle photography books.
Awards presentation will take place at March 1st NightLife. Winning images will be projected onscreen.