Posts Tagged ‘masonic’

Build It And They Will Come: Beautiful People Have Descended Upon “The Corner Store” at the Not-So-Beautiful Geary and Masonic Area

Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014

See?

Click to expand

Enjoy

Some People Just Shouldn’t Be Driving: BMW Pilot, Double Face-Palm, All the Way

Monday, March 17th, 2014

Now IRL, this BMW driver had her face in her palms for a good 20 seconds while stuck two yards north of the stop line on Masonic northbound at Fell.

But let’s say you don’t believe me and you say that she had the green, but then why is she driving like this with her eyes covered?

Click to expand

In conclusion SPJSBD (Some People Just Shouldn’t Be Driving).

I mean, if you’re tired, take a rest.

And if you’re emotional, take a break first.

And only then fire up your Driving Machine.

(And, oh yes, SFGov, in its wisdom, decided to put the stop line a waaaaaaay back at this particular intersection. So if you want to turn left and you’re not sure you’re going to make it before the red, then you shouldn’t cross into the crosswalk. However, once you’ve gone into the crosswalk, you’re committed to making that turn and what you should do is creep forward and turn on the current light cycle. It Is Written. I mean, otherwise, you end up with this mess, stuck in a crosswalk for one minute-plus. Bad form, Missy.)

 

Angry Pedestrian Commits Traffic Violence on Masonic Avenue

Tuesday, March 11th, 2014

Dude was meandering down the excessively wide sidewalks of Masonic until he entered the street to block traffic, for some reason.

And then…

…he took out the driver side rear view mirror with his satchel – THWACK!

Who will calm the restless pedestrians of San Francisco?

The Masonic Avenue Crackdown Continues – SFPD Park Station has a New Attitude to Match Its New Cars

Tuesday, March 11th, 2014

As here, on Oak just past Masonic.

Stopped in the fast lane during the evening drive – not where you want to be:

Click to expand

 

SFPD Park Station is Having a Major Enforcement Action on Masonic Avenue These Days – Police Cruisers Everywhere

Monday, February 24th, 2014

Obviously, there’s a push to catch traffic violators on Masonic betwixt Oak and Geary these days.

Blue lights at Geary, as the college girls come back from Target without bags because bags cost ten cents each:

Here are two more coming up from Oak:

And there were others as well.

Typically they’ll turn right on northbound Masonic to go ’round the block for another try.

They don’t particularly care about speeding per se, because pretty much everybody goes faster than the new 25 MPH limit. So they’ll let ten speeders go past and then bag the 11th, because she was going signif. faster

This is not the usual situation on Masonic, just saying,

That’s the update.

Snooty Sign in the Western Addition Thinks It’s Better Than You, And the Sign’s Owners Think They’re Better Than You As Well

Monday, February 24th, 2014

Just saying:

Click to expand

Ask these people where they got the sign and they’ll tell you all about France and where their kids are going to college.

I’ll bet.

Masonic Update: Pizza So Delicious, You Can’t Wait Until You Get Home – Meals on (Aging BMW) Wheels

Tuesday, February 18th, 2014

As seen on the soon-to-be-congested Masonic Avenue, northbound:

Click to expand

Masonic Update: Liquor Shop Owner Attempts to Ban MUNI Riders from “Loitering” at an Official SFMTA Bus Stop

Wednesday, February 5th, 2014

“No Loitering is Allowed on or  in the Front of These Premises”

Click to expand

Isn’t it ironic, dontcha think?

Hey, speaking of banned, isn’t this the shop that was banned by the state Lottery Commission from selling lottery tickets? Now why would the agency what promotes the selling of lottery tickets go out of its way to sell fewer tickets? Mmmm….

Yamahauling, Frisco-Style – Two-Stroke Yamahas from the 1970′s Will Never Die – A Cherry on Geary

Tuesday, January 21st, 2014

Click to expand

This is How Masonic Avenue Jaywalkers Die – Between Geary and Bush – Back and Forth to Trader Joe’s #100

Monday, January 20th, 2014

Let’s start of with how people get across a different part of Masonic Avenue a bit lower down Mervyn’s Heights – note that that area is at the crest of a hill.

Compare that part of Masonic with the first block of Masonic just north of Geary. See that? All of those people are NOT on crest, they’re on a slope so they can’t see what’s coming.

As here – MUNI bus barn to the right, TJ’s to the left:

Click to expand

Note the driver of the dark minivan tapping his/her brakes for the ped:

The ped was distracted here by the traffic that just popped up heading south

And now she’s picking up the pace:

This is the situation, 100% created by SFGov.