IDK, man. I still see more people sitting on locked up BABS bikes than people actually using them.
And how many millions have we spent on this program?
It’s making some people rich, but not its workers, not at, what, a nominal amount north of min wage?
Do you like bikes? Well, then why don’t we take all this money and simply give bikes away to residents? I mean, you know, as a mental exercise, something to think about. As things stand now, nobody really uses these rides ($9 minimum, ouch, so I’ve never even tried them, plus a nice $1200 charge on your credit card if you lose it, or in the event you have a hassle checking it back in and somebody steals it), but, somehow, this whole deal makes some people happy, and Ford (Motor Company) can get a Super Bowl ad snippet out of it, OK fine.
Anyway, have at it:
“Bay Area Field Team Member (SOMA / south beach)
About Bay Area Bike Share
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Bay Area Motivate currently operates 700 bikes & 70 stations in the Bay Area with plans to expand the system — tenfold – with 7000 bikes by the end of 2018.
Overview of Position:
As a Field Team Member, you will play a fundamental role in Bay Area Motivate bike share operations. You will be responsible for maintaining the overall functionality and ride-ability of the Bay Area bike share system. Working under the primary guidance of the Operations Leadership Team, a Field Team Member will assist and support redistribution of bikes, maintain and repair all stations and related equipment, while supporting general bike share operations across the System.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
▪ Operate a large vehicle or bike train (large tricycle with cart) to redistribute bikes as required, based on real-time demand data
▪ Load/unload vehicles with bikes and dock/undock bikes at stations which requires repetitive motion and individual responsibility for lifting up to 50lbs
▪ Evaluate bike condition, document and record data regarding bikes and related equipment, and escalate if needed
▪ Communicate effectively and efficiently using verbal, written or typed communications with supervisors, managers and support related positions
▪ Partner and work collaboratively with Operations Leadership, fellow employees and related positions to assess, evaluate and determine inventory management and control
▪ Keep and maintain clean and presentable work areas, tools and equipment which may include, but is not limited to, company vehicles and work locations, at all times
▪ Perform bike valet duties including corralling and securing bikes, clearing stations, and helping customers
Station Maintenance, Appearance and Repair
▪ Complete station maintenance in a professional and timely manner consistent with all Bay Area Motivate (BAM) policies and procedures. Report any and all issues or concerns with Station performance to Deputy Operations Manager or designee.
▪ Ensure bike stations are operational which may require reboot of stations, replace station batteries, swap SD cards, and similar responsibilities as necessary
▪ Timely response to all station emergencies or identified issues, include tracking, recording and reporting all work orders
▪ Follow safe work practices and help create and maintain a safe work environment
▪ Follow any routes and assignments as delegated by dispatch and maintenance
▪ Communicate professionally and timely with all customers, management, vendors and employees
▪ Escalate issues as needed to Operations Management or designated Bay Area leader
▪ Work with all Motivate employees and team members to ensure timely and productive workflows
▪ Complete valet duties including corralling, securing and distributing bikes as needed
▪ Additional duties and responsibilities as determined by management.
Required Skills and Experience:
▪ Minimum 18 years of age or older.
▪ Valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
▪ Demonstrated success meeting and exceeding Bay Area Motivate performance expectations.
▪ Experience operating vehicles in congested city traffic.
▪ Knowledge of Bay Area geography and street layout.
▪ Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other technology as needed to perform the essential functions of the job
▪ Interpersonal skills — open to others’ ideas; patience and willingness to experiment and try new things while working collaboratively.
▪ Dependability and schedule adherence — ability and commitment to working all scheduled work hours. Bay Area Motivate work schedules may include, evenings, weekends and holidays.
▪ Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with management, co-workers, vendors and customers
▪ Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
▪ Willingness to work outdoors, year-round and in all weather conditions.
The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. From time to time, and related to the nature of work performed to accomplish Motivate’s Mission, employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
Motivate is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Motivate is a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.