Posts Tagged ‘NBCBayArea’
What’s On the Minds of Bank of America Workers During These Troubled Times? “How Tall is (KNTV Weathergirl) Christina Loren?”Wednesday, November 9th, 2011
“Domain Name: bankofamerica.com (Commercial)
IP Address: 171.###.###.# (Bank of America)
ISP: Bank of America
Search Engine: google.com
Search Words: how tall is christina loren”
Sorry, unknown Bank of American,* there are some answers that even Google doesn’t have, like how tall Christina Loren is.
But, thanks for asking.
“Speechless I am.
Anyway, here it is.
Oh, wait a sec, here it is, shrunk 4x. I’m still blown away by this:
(Animated gif courtesy of fair use doctrine)
Now that’s what I call Bay Area Journalism!”
*That’s what they call each other, I’m srsly.
The Most Amazing Animated GIF Ever: NBC Channel 3 KNTV Meteorologist Christen Lauren IS Poser McPoserperson IIIFriday, July 15th, 2011
Speechless I am.
Anyway, here it is.
Oh, wait a sec, here it is, shrunk 4x:
Now that’s what I call Bay Area Journalism!
I know, but I won’t tell you.
Now, who at KNTV NBC Bay Area Channel 3, Channel 11 thinks that popular METEOROLOGIST Christina Loren is part of something that is “bridging the gap between the way other big markets present news and how we do it in the Bay?”
Click to expand
But, one might get the feeling that certain person(s) at KNTV want to shake things up ’round here.
I’ll tell you, I don’t look at the KNTV ’cause my rabbit ears can’t pull in the signal from Down South, but that ad campaign they put up last year was jarring, it seemed like something not very bay area at all.
We’ll see how it goes…
How Taiwan Does the Weather Vs. How San Jose Does the Weather – Christina Loren and “Extreme Weather Educating”Thursday, May 12th, 2011
Let’s see here, our first video is what popped up after I linked to the internationally-famous NMA joint about Twitter extortion in the Mid-Market area the other day.
Now, compare and contrast with KNTV, the closest thing the 415 has to an NBC affiliate.
Cue the young boy and… action:
OMG, NBCBayArea’s New “Weathergirl” Christina Loren Wears a Hat! Plus Rich Lieberman is NOT Infatuated, No WayMonday, May 2nd, 2011
I’ll tell you, my rabbit ears (avec free govmint digital cable converter box) couldn’t even dream of picking up the KNTV from all the way down in San Bruno or wherever, so I never see the Channel 3.
“I enjoy the NBC news in the morning, but as soon as that bulging self-promoting common tart of a meteorologist appears with her forced Good Morning, I just can’t wait to change channels for the duration. I would have thought NBC would have been more concerned with professionalism in their meteorologists than with this very poor image that it presents daily. And then to add insult to injury, she turns up this a.m. with a hat, supposedly, I suppose, to be in the spirit of the royal wedding – what an insult!”
Exhibit A, the “insulting” hat in question:
Click to expand
Now, with an opposing viewpoint, here’s the wedding hat minority report from Christina’s FaceBook fans:
Comes now Rich Lieberman, who’s not infatuated with “The Hottest Weather Woman On The Planet,” not in the least, why would you even think that, to post an interview with CL, who ably strives to stay AOM, Always On Message, about being AAMF, All About My Forecast. See?
All right, it’s time to sign off with all the banal slogans used by KNTV over the recent decades:
- Look to 11 (1972-circa 1975)
- We`re The One Can Turn To, Channel 11 (1978-1979; localized version of ABC ad campaign)
- You and Me and Channel 11 (1980-1981; localized version of ABC ad campaign)
- Now is The Time, Channel 11 is The Place (1981-1982; localized version of ABC ad campaign)
- Come on Along with Channel 11 (1982-1983; localized version of ABC ad campaign)
- That Special Feeling on Channel 11 (1983-1984; localized version of ABC ad campaign)
- We’re With You, on 11 with You (1984–1985; localized version of ABC ad campaign)
- You’ll Love It on Channel 11/You’ll Love It, KNTV (1985–1986; localized version of ABC ad campaign)
- Together on Channel 11 (1986–1987; localized version of ABC ad campaign)
- The San Jose NewsChannel (1987–1998)
- The Bay Area`s Watching Channel 11 (1990-19??; localized version of ABC ad campaign)
- If It`s The Bay Area, It Must Be Channel 11 (1992-1993; localized version of “It Must Be ABC” campaign)
- The South Bay’s News Leader (1998–2000)
- The Fastest Growing News Station in Northern California (2000–2001; still used occasionally)
- The Bay Area’s NBC11 / The Bay Area’s Leading News Station (2001–2008)
- Proud To Call The Bay Area Home (2008-early 2010)
- Locals Only (2008–present; secondary slogan)
- Learn, Think, Act, Live (early 2010-September 12, 2010; primary news slogan)
- Reporting What Matters to You (September 1, 2010–present; primary news slogan)
- Every Day is Full of Color (September 13, 2010–present; general slogan)
NBCBayArea’s Christina Loren has got to be The Most Controversial Weather Personality in San Francisco HistoryWednesday, April 6th, 2011
People are still upset about the San Francisco Bay Area* NBC affiliate’s new “weather girl.”
“Christina Loren is really disturbing to watch. Today her white shirt is busting (pardon the pun) at the seems. Aren’t we done with this kind of sexiest marketing? I no longer want to watch this morning show due to this clueless barbie doll projection of a wanna be women.”
I’m trying to see the problem here, if this is the right video snip.
Seems as if a lot of people complain about her (cause man, some of her promotional videos were over the top), but it also seems that Channel 3 has toned things down a bit lately, for what that’s worth…
(If there’s one thing I can’t stand for, it’s TV weather. They’re spending like three minutes telling people something that should take three seconds, IMO. Oh well.)
*”San Jose, Oakland, San Francisco” in that precise order – that’s the priority of KNTV, per some of the people that work there.