Posts Tagged ‘placard’

Here’s Why You’re a Sucker for Not Getting a Handicapped Parking Placard Now: Free Parking Won’t Last Forever

Thursday, January 9th, 2014

Hey look, here’s seven in a row, as recently seen on the streets of San Francisco:

Click to expand

All right, here’s what NOT to do:

Borrow Nana’s handicapped-placarded Crown Vic to drive to a Giants game to park for free close to the ballpark, like you’re a rock star.

NO NO NO! ‘Cause if you do that, somebody will stake out your nana’s car just waiting for you to return. And then it’ll be, “Where’s your nana, where’s your nana?” And then you’ll get a ticket or two, worth a grand or two.

What you need to do is a little doctor shopping. It’s not too hard to find a CA doc to sign your DMV form because NO DOCTOR IN THE HISTORY OF CALIFORNIA HAS EVER GOTTEN IN TROUBLE FOR SIGNING ONE OF THESE DMV FORMS.

But even if you don’t know a doctor, that’s OK because you can have a chiropractor or a nurse or a physician assistant or a midwife sign the form as an alternative.

Now, what handicap should you claim? Well, everybody has something, right? Alls I know is that most handicapped placards used for parking on the streets of San Francisco are being used as a free parking scam. So therefore, lots of people have lies on their DMV forms.

Once you get your “legal” placard, that’s it – nobody in SF will question it.

Of course, you can’t “pull a CW Nevius” by parking in the towaway lane during rush hour, oh no – you’ll get towed. But you will be able to park for free all day all day at meters just like the tens and thousands of others.

Now you’re on the trolly!

One last note – you gotta move quickly, cause this game is getting too big, it’s becoming farcical, too many newcomers are ruining things for the fraudulent placard holders of the world. Check it, Illinois is having a crackdown these days but California is not, not yet anyway.

Why? Well, because no California legislator has stepped up to sponsor a bill to change the law to allow for charging handicap placard holders for parking, that’s why.

They’ve been asked, but they’ve said no.

They’re too chicken!

Oh well.

But someday, this free parking scam will end, the gold rush of free parking will end.

Someday.

Attention SFMTA: The Big Beneficiaries of Charging for Parking on Sundays are Placard Holders and Rich People

Wednesday, May 29th, 2013

Well, here you go, the first four vehicles I saw on this block of Clement in the Inner Richmond District on a recent Sunday had handicapped placards and the fifth one was a new Jaguar.

See?

Is this what you want, SFMTA? Placard fraud ripping you off and richers paying you a few shekels per hour?

Oh, it is?

Well then, keep up the good work.

‘Cause I’ll tell you, all these drivers appreciated the easier parking opportunities I’m sure.

Oh, and your goal of 15% of the parking spaces on Clement being free at any given time will never ever come True.

Just saying.

On It Goes…

Photographic Evidence of Official San Francisco Corruption: Free Parking for SFGov Employees Attending Giants Games

Monday, April 8th, 2013

I didn’t take these photos, but I’ll tell you, I’ve seen a lot of corruption regarding free parking for SFGov employees in the SoMA area, so I believe them.

Here’s a photo essay with captions from Jim, who went on a walkabout yesterday.

Take a look:

“There are the People who pay up front to park in a lot, $25-$70. There are the people who feed meters but many of those wind up paying $72 to the City long after the last pitch. And there are those who play the system and possibly cheat and pay nothing for parking in a “red zone” with the help from “winking and nodding” SFMTA Parking Control Officers.

All these photos were taken within a 50 foot circle near 2nd & Townsend at 2:15 P.M. on Sunday April 7, 2013 during the Giants/St. Louis Baseball game.

1) Number 1 shows what the average slug must pay for parking for the Giant’s game at 2 in the afternoon, i.e. $70.

,

2) Number 2 shows a Handicapped placard vehicle getting free Giants game parking in the “red zone” of the SFFD at Second & Townsend. Handicapped placard holders may not park in “red zones.”

3) What appears to be several private vehicles of S.F. firefighters parked in the “red zone” claiming to be working by their Official Papers on the Dash. Is it mere code for “don’t ticket a fellow City employee?”

4) Several motorcycles getting ticketed (TC27, 219) for expired meters by the PCO who just drove by the “red zones” without seeing cause to stop.

5) Photo of SFFD Headquarters at 9:30 A.M., Sunday April 7, 2013 in case you think a lot of people work there on a Sunday.

 

Why Has California’s Handicapped Placard System Turned Into a Free Parking Subsidy for the One Percent?

Tuesday, December 4th, 2012

Two luxury cars, two handicapped placards, yet again:

Click to expand

Why is it that most Mercedes Benzeses you see parked on the street in the Financial District, you know, the 94111 and the 94104, have handicap placards hanging from the rear view?

Could it be that California’s handicapped placard system is being abused by wealthy bay area drivers who feel that parking should be cheaper and easier for them?

Yep.

Are you kind of a sucker for NOT having a handicapped placard considering that you could easily ask your doctor to sign the form for the DMV?

Yep.

Zoom zoom.

The Physically-Handicapped, Jaguar-Owning Drivers of the San Francisco-Based Lyft Taxi Service

Friday, November 16th, 2012

Ooh, here’s one:

Click to expand

See?

(It seems that most large luxury sedans in San Francisco have handicapped placards, the better to park you with, dear.)

And check it out, “Lyft drivers make $20+ per hour,” per a recent ad.

See?

So, Lyft drivers are making $20/hr+ after paying for their expenses? Mmmmm…

Something doesn’t wash here, IMO.

Breaking the Code: Blue Handicap Placards are for Luxury Cars and Red Handicap Placards are for Regular Cars

Wednesday, April 25th, 2012

See? The brand-new Mercedes Benz and the Lexus have blue placards but the Honda has to make do with just a red placard.

Financial District, San Francisco:

Why is it that every brand new Mercedes parked in San Francisco’s Financial District has a blue handicap placard hanging from the rear view? Are these things like a no-cost option or something?

The fact that no California physician has ever been disciplined in the slightest for improperly signing the DMV form in the history of the state puts a lot of pressure on area doctors. Everybody knows that they won’t get caught. It’s like all the doctor needs to do is write down his or her name once and that will earn said doctor a fan for life.

A long healthy life.

In a new Mercedes Benz.

With an improperly-gotten handicap placard.

Hurray! Free parking. For life!

And when those downtown core congestion charges come, then free driving. For life!

 

Non-Intuitive Parking Assist: Why Is It That Most of the Handicapped Motorists in SF Drive Luxury Cars and Park for Free?

Friday, April 6th, 2012

Maybe the perfect option for your luxury car is a handicapped placard?

Your license plate says that you’re an SF Resident, so of course a placard hanging from the rear-view:

Click to expand

Think about it – which is the better option? Something like Intuitive Parking Assist, which will park your car for you only after you’ve found a space, or a placard, which will allow you to park wherever you want all day for free?

I’d prefer the placard.

You’re on the honor system with this one. If you feel as if you deserve to park wherever you want for free all day long, then you’ll be able to get one.

It’s not hard.

Word for the Day: A “Sailbag” is a Douchebag Who Comes to Town to See the Staged America’s Cup Boat Race

Friday, March 23rd, 2012

Here’s the view from the front, complete with fake Euro-style Front License Plate* and handicapped placard** allowing said sailbag the right to park wherever the Hell he wants however long he wants, for free:

Click to expand

And here’s the rear view what gives the game away. See? It says right there “SAIL BAG.”

And dude’s from Marin County of course.

And there’s a yacht club logo in there as well, of course.

All that’s missing is the CHP 11-99 Foundation scam license plate holder, of course, you know, to get out of those sticky situations involving the police and the CHP, you know, because you’re a Eurotrash sailbag from god damn Marin County so you drive like a bat out of Hell.

Welcome to San Francisco, you sailbag you.

And more are coming, soon enough.***

In closing, sailbag.

*Is this a legal setup in California? NO, not at all – the DMV gave you an FLP for a reason. I’m not sure if other states still require front license plates, but CA sure does. Peace officers and meter maids both will cite you for this.

**Is this a legal use of a handicap placard? Probably. But do I think that said sailbag deserves to park for free all day on the streets of San Francisco? No. What dude’s doing isn’t exactly illegal because nobody ever gets in trouble for it. You could get a handicapped placard as well, why not? If the first doctor says no, then keep on looking, there’s nothing stopping you from doctor shopping. And then eventually you will find one to sign the DMV form. And actually, the people that have handicap placards consider you a sucker for not having a placard. Hurray! Free parking for me, the sailbag! 

***Do I have objections to rigged boat races on San Francisco Bay in general? No, not at all. But instead of us paying a sailbag like Larry Ellison eight or nine figures to host his little boat party here why don’t we reverse that and have sailbag Larry Ellison**** pay us eight or nine figures for the right to host his little boat party here? See how that works? One little oversight like that makes all the difference.

****Speaking of which, here’s what it looks like when Chief Sailbag Larry Ellison hisself comes to town to nosh on the prime rib. See his Toyota LFA there parked on Van Ness?

Welcome to San Francisco, you sailbag you.

The Shame of San Francisco: People Abusing the California Handicapped Placard Program for Easy Parking

Thursday, December 1st, 2011

Most of the cars parked in this area just south of Market Street had handicapped placards.

Here’s three in a row, the most my wide angle lens would let me take in. This is typical:

Click to expand

The fact is that most of the people who use handicapped placards to park in San Francisco are abusing the system. 

Oh well.

DPT Stakeout at Costco – Disabled Placard “Street Team” – Expired Permit – Jersey Plates – Lonely Pooch

Monday, November 21st, 2011

(Check it, my first pro-SFMTA post.)

This cute pup was guarding an Acura parked on 10th Street while its owner visited our SoMA Costco (I assume, I mean, why else would anybody park down there?)

Click to expand

Problem? The disabled placard hanging from the rear-view has expired. See?

So guess who was waiting for this car’s owner to show up – it was DPT’s Disabled Placard Street Team with their bright blue shoulder patches.

Les mise-en-scene avec Etat de Jardin* license plates sur la Acura bleu:

This issue could end up costing the driver thousands of dollars, when all is said and done.** (I can’t say for sure because I don’t get paid by the City Family to stakeout cars, plus I had to split. Oh well.)

Now, WWSD? Like What Would KRON-TV’s Stanley Roberts Do if he came upon this scene? Oh yes, something like this.

But, you know, I might possibly be beefier than Stanley (I know I’m taller than he but I could actually outweigh him) and, you know, I wouldn’t want to get into an another Elmo situation.

Bon courage, Acura pooch. Your owner will need all the love she can get today.

*Garden State – it’s a Jersey Thing.***

**The funny thing is that Costco has plenty of free parking. And honestly, I don’t think the good people of Costco would care all that much if you parked in their garage while shopping elsewhere. As stated, there’s nothing else going on ’round that area so it’s not like they’re on the lookout for renegade parkers. 

***YouTube, you’re too funny. Oprah + Snooki = ???