Do not touch, do not ingest:
Posts Tagged ‘poisonous’
Donato, A Healthy Pup in San Mateo County, Dies from Eating Death Caps – Dangerous Out-Of-Season Mushrooms in Woodside, CAWednesday, October 27th, 2010
“This poster was made just three weeks ago by a Woodside, California resident who’s dog died recently from eating poisonous mushrooms on their front lawn: http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/dog-health-issues-questions/153219-mushroom-warning.html
The URL in the poster refers to the North American Mycological Society which produces their own warning posters: http://www.namyco.org/toxicology/index.html“
Click to expand
Let’s be careful out there.
Well, what do we have here growing up near the western side of a Blue Gum Eucalyptus betwixt the Pandhandle Bike Path and busy, busy Fell Street? About ten pounds of yummy mushrooms, it looks like. (Who says you can’t score shrooms in the Haight anymore?)
So get suited up (as in the most disturbing Youtube video ever: Dancing man wearing a horse mask cooks wild mushrooms (age verification required)) and get hunting.
Oh wait a moment, on second thought, never eat wild mushrooms from Northern Califonia. You think you know what you’re doing (and maybe actually do, back in the old country) but never eat wild mushrooms from Northern Califonia. Addidtionally, the second rule of Mushroom Club is never eat wild mushrooms from Northern California.