Posts Tagged ‘reddit’
Video: San Francisco Surfer Attacks BMW and Mercedes: “Angry hippie kicking in my mirror at Ocean Beach in SF”Monday, April 28th, 2014
Here’s video of this recent affair in the outer Outer Sunset District.
And here’s a screengrab of one of the mirror grabs:
And here’s some convo, but, whatever you do, don’t ID the hippie as “Cricket,” else your comment will get pulled from the Reddit.
All right, here we go:
1. It seems very unlikely to me that the dirty, dirty hippie had a clean signal to even make it to the median – either he didn’t notice or he didn’t care.
2. Having said that, he was in the crosswalk when the lights went green, so the drivers needed to wait for him to clear. Technically, he wasn’t in the crosswalk “legally,” but it’s really tough for drivers to know this info at the time, and, in any event, drivers aren’t allowed to crash into peds on purpose, so what’s the point of all this honking and rolling.
3. What makes all of this especially stupid is that the lights on the so-called Great Highway are timed for a certain speed, so if you want you can just safely set your cruise control and be done. Except in this case, the Golden Gods in these German Chariots went faster than what the lights are timed for, oh well.
4. Having said that, I would have given this dude a wide berth and he wouldn’t have gotten any of my mirrors. (Maybe instead he would have pulled a Sig Sauer from his groinal region and shot me down dead, sure, but he wouldn’t have gotten at my mirrors.)
5. Oh, and snaps to all the other drivers – they managed to not plow their Audis and whatnot into stopped traffic
All three of these dudes is crazy – they’re all guilty guilty guilty.
Frat dudes is like Juggalos
Fake Frank Chu meets real Frank Chu, Halloween in the Castro, 2006:
Click to expand
If You’re Using a Recently Stolen iPad or Nexus Tablet, Don’t Take Any Photos! – And are These Breasts Really the “Real Deal?”Monday, November 12th, 2012
The Reddit SF hasn’t been this up-in-arms since that whole Cello Thief incident.
Oh, here’s one:
Via the Nexus 7 thief or a friend of a fence or an innocent – click to expand
I’m thinking that whenever somebody gives you or sells to you a tablet and it doesn’t come in the original box, then you just might have this kind of allegation on your hands.
Are the alleged thieves “innocent victims,” you know, like that clown who ended up with the iPad 2 of Steve Jobs?
And will Redditor cokacokacoh ever get his Nexus 7 back?
Only Time Will Tell.
Cat Burglar and Cat Woman Steal a Bubenreuth Cello from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music? PhotosTuesday, September 18th, 2012
Is this what it would look like if Anne Hathaway / Parker Posey (on the left) and Bobby Flay (on the right) conspired to steal a little violone from San Francisco’s world-famous Conservatory of Music in Civic Center / Hayes Valley?
“Hey Reddit, my son’s very expensive cello was stolen from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music yesterday. Here are the surveillance pics from security that show a young couple making-off with my son’s primary instrument. FWIW, this instrument is one of the most expensive things I have ever owned. It was stolen around 4:05 PM on Sunday, September 16th, 2012. These people are nonchalantly making-off with a full-size cello that was purchased when my son graduated from a smaller cello when he was 12. We’ve owned it for 11 years. He’s in the collegiate division at the San Francisco Conservatory and it is not only the vehicle for his ability to obtain a classical music degree, but is also his sole source of income, as he uses it in performances and recordings. We’ll be doing a media blitz tomorrow with local stations and the SFPD, but I’m hoping the community can help. Any leads are incredibly appreciated.”
Do you have enough Clues? Who will solve this mystery?
Do You Know These Three Girls Who Hang Out on Polk Street? One of them Stole a Cell Phone and Wallet at a Subway SandwichWednesday, March 28th, 2012
Here’s the sad story from the dude what lost his stuff at the Subway Sandwiches on Polk and Sutter:
“(3/25/2012) I was in the Subway sandwiches place at 1199 Sutter at Polk and then walked outside to get a taxi for some people I was with. I had accidentally left my phone and wallet on the table. When I returned about 30 seconds later my stuff was gone. Here is the surveillance video of who took it. Please message me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you recognize her.”
Now, I say girls, I mean, I can’t tell how old they are, something betwixt 14 and 24. They act like high school students AFAIAC.
Extra-Long Wait for 38 Geary at Divisadero Allows iPad Thief Enough Time to Hit On and Hit Area Woman – Thanks SFMTA!Monday, March 5th, 2012
Saturday night crime in the DivCo:
“I obviously locked/alarmed/blahblah’d it, but am still feeling very upset about it. The ipad was a gift from my father and not something I could dream about affording on my own. AND, more frustratingly, the dude who took it had just hit on me like five minutes beforehand. I don’t know. I guess if anyone sees an ipad with a TARDIS background on craigslist, PM me? Whatever.”
“I was outbound, so I was right in front of the Honeybaked ham store. I honestly pretty rarely use my ipad in public, but it was the end of a very long day, the bus said it was going to take 30+ minutes, and the dude who robbed me had hit on like ten minutes prior to it happening (needless to say, I was charmed), so I didn’t really expect him to, you know. Punch me.”