And after that, send in your application, why not. Then you’ll be able to spend hundreds of hours “presenting sales opportunities” and “supporting the sales staff” with “sales efforts.” It’s going to be sell, sell, sell!
And best of all, you won’t get Jack. Thanks, AEG!
And if you don’t like it, leave. Now, here’s what it takes to sell the Bay to Breakers – it takes brass balls:
Click to expand
Of course the gig’s in Los Angeles, ’cause, you know, not many people behind the oldest something-or-other that is BtoB actually live in the 415. They don’t mind visiting occasionally, but, overall, S.F. is just a skosh too faggy for them. Oh well.
Remember, sell! Just think of your zero commission.
“Address: 714 W Olympic Blvd Ste 301
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-Time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/10/11 – ?
The AEG Sales & Marketing Department is seeking an energetic and hardworking individual to join our team! This internship will focus around the longest continuously run footrace in America – the Bay to Breakers 12K in San Francisco (***.*************.***). The internship will provide qualified college students the opportunity to gain access and insight into the highly competitive world of professional sports. Our goal is to allow each intern with the opportunity to provide their input through their creativity and resources. Qualified individuals must be current college students and receive college credit for this internship since this is an unpaid position. Flexible hours to correspond with their school schedule.
Assist the Sales & Marketing Department’s programs and initiatives
- Support sales staff on sales efforts
- Operational support on Festival and VIP Experiences
- Implement execution of grassroots campaign within the running community
- Present sales opportunities to running clubs and organized groups within the targeted demographics.
- Engage on collegiate campuses to create awareness of AEG events.
- Collect, organize and import new customer and prospect leads into database
- Weekly Reports and updates
- Use the Internet to research industry trends and opportunities
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Able to receive school credit
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Proficiency in the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook
- Candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work 20 hours a week