Posts Tagged ‘SF’
The Problem with Gary Bauer of Bauer Limousine Using the Term “Intelligent Transportation” for His Buses: He’s Not All That SmartMonday, August 4th, 2014
So Gary Bauer, if you want to have a reputation of being intelligent, you should attempt to become a Lecturer at UC Berkeley.
OTOH, if you want to continue being a wealthy, politically-connected rent-seeker, well, keep up the good work…
So Who Owns the Koshland Mansion at 3800 Washington Anyway? Taylor Swift or CNET’s Halsey Minor or “Miss Xia Xu?”Monday, May 19th, 2014
Well, this was the big rumor of May 2014:
But the Taylor Swift people said no way, Jose.
But hey, look what’s on the front door now, a weathered posting:
Here’s my stab at it:
MR HU XU AND I MISS XIA XU
OWN OUR PERMANENT RESIDENCE
3800 AND 3810 WASHINGTON STREET
IN SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA
THIS PROPERTY IS NOT FOR SALE
MISS XIA XU
But here’s the For Sale sign that’s still there. (Note the smallish 3810 Washington next door on the left.)
And here’s the web site still offering the place for sale. Check it out – the floor plans make this place look amazing, with levels up and down into the earth
And here’s the current listing.
This certainly is a mystery…
Subterranean by design
I wonder what I would find
If I met you, let my eyes caress you
Until I meet the thought of Miss Princess Xu?
Let’s see here:
54 minutes ’til the next bus; and
69* minutes ’til the bus after that
Click to expand
What’s that, MUNI, you want more money?
But every other transit system in the world does more with less…
* Heh. Your algorithm should prolly round 69 minutes either down to 68 or up to 70, MUNI.** I mean, you don’t see CA license plates saying 4SEX397 or anything, do you? There’s a reason for that.
**Yes, all caps even tho it’s not an acronym. It’s easy for readers to understand and it matches your iconic snake logo, MUNI, that’s why.
Video: San Francisco Surfer Attacks BMW and Mercedes: “Angry hippie kicking in my mirror at Ocean Beach in SF”Monday, April 28th, 2014
Here’s video of this recent affair in the outer Outer Sunset District.
And here’s a screengrab of one of the mirror grabs:
And here’s some convo, but, whatever you do, don’t ID the hippie as “Cricket,” else your comment will get pulled from the Reddit.
All right, here we go:
1. It seems very unlikely to me that the dirty, dirty hippie had a clean signal to even make it to the median – either he didn’t notice or he didn’t care.
2. Having said that, he was in the crosswalk when the lights went green, so the drivers needed to wait for him to clear. Technically, he wasn’t in the crosswalk “legally,” but it’s really tough for drivers to know this info at the time, and, in any event, drivers aren’t allowed to crash into peds on purpose, so what’s the point of all this honking and rolling.
3. What makes all of this especially stupid is that the lights on the so-called Great Highway are timed for a certain speed, so if you want you can just safely set your cruise control and be done. Except in this case, the Golden Gods in these German Chariots went faster than what the lights are timed for, oh well.
4. Having said that, I would have given this dude a wide berth and he wouldn’t have gotten any of my mirrors. (Maybe instead he would have pulled a Sig Sauer from his groinal region and shot me down dead, sure, but he wouldn’t have gotten at my mirrors.)
5. Oh, and snaps to all the other drivers – they managed to not plow their Audis and whatnot into stopped traffic
All three of these dudes is crazy – they’re all guilty guilty guilty.
Frat dudes is like Juggalos
LONDON CALLING! 4/20 Day 2014 Coming This Easter Sunday – Haight-Ashbury Supervisor London Breed Wants a CrackdownWednesday, April 16th, 2014
Here’s what Annual 420 Day looks like, not too far from the Haight Street McDonalds on Stanyan.
That’s not fog, that’s a cloud of exhaled Mary Jane:
All right, Happy 420 Day 2014!
And now, let’s hear from London Breed:
“April 16, 2014
Sunday, April 20th Activities in Golden Gate Park and the Haight-Ashbury
This Sunday, April 20th, will see not only Easter celebrations throughout the City, but the likely return of an informal and unpermitted “4/20” gathering in Golden Gate Park and the Haight, which has caused significant problems in the community over the years and was particularly problematic last year.
Crowds strained police, Muni, and park resources, overwhelmed residential streets, and in several instances, damaged public and private property. Traffic came to a standstill as cars swarmed thearea. Garbage overflowed from curbside cans that proved unequal to the occasion. And on Sunday, 4/21, staff and volunteers with the Recreation and Parks Department had to laboriously collect over 10,000 pounds of litter left in the parks, not to mention the trash collected by the Department of Public Works from the upper Haight to Hayes Valley.
I am determined not to allow these impacts again this year. Over the past months, I have worked closely with the Police and Parks Departments, Mayor Lee’s office, and the MTA on a comprehensive city approach to this event. There is no sponsor for 4/20, no organizer to hold to account. But I want the community to know that their Supervisor and their government are doing everything possible to ensure a safe, peaceful April 20th for both visitors and residents.
San Francisco, as always, welcomes celebrants with open arms, but this Sunday there will be boundaries to keep the community safe, and there will be no tolerance for anyone using 4/20 as an excuse to harm our parks or neighborhoods.
There will be increased law enforcement presence both uniform and plainclothes—including Juvenile Probation Officers—in the Park, upper and lower Haight, and surrounding neighborhoods with a strict enforcement approach to all code violations.
Parking is very limited in the area, and there will be Parking Control Officers (PCOs) ticketing and/or towing vehicles parked illegally in any way, e.g. on lawns or in neighbors’ driveways. PCOs will also be deployed at busy intersections to keep traffic and transit moving.
Unpermitted booths and concessions in the Parks will not be allowed. Such enterprises will be immediately cited and removed.
Traffic control officers, SFPD, and Muni will be on hand in the afternoon to help move visitors out of the neighborhoods quickly and safely. Muni will reroute buses off Haight Street between Stanyan and Masonic to avoid delays.
If our neighborhoods and parks are expected to continue hosting a large gathering, without an organizer or any resources beyond those provided by the taxpayer, we must all be vigilant in ensuring the event is safe, clean, and responsible.
LONDON N. BREED
City Hall 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place San Francisco, California 94102-4689 (415) 554-7630
Fax (415) 554 – 7634 TDD/TTY (415) 554-5227 E-mail: London.Breed@sfgov.org