Who has the more useful Tweets out there? Is it San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, with hundreds of thousands of Followers, or is it Common Squirrel, with an amazing 2,115 Updates already and thousands of Followers as well. Some feel the squirrel’s pithy postings are the “best thing to follow on Twitter.”
Let’s take a look and make a head-to-head comparison. First up is the prolific common_squirrel, click to expand:
And here is Gavin Newsom’s effort, selected randomly:
By the Numbers, the Twitter Shootout:
1. Isn’t it _Tom Ammiano‘s_ Universal Health Care Program? Yes it is. +1 for Squirrel.
2. This entry conjures up the famous City Hall marriages a half-decade back. A timely posting of news. +1 for Gavin.
3. “If you are in D.C.” – that’s a big if, in’nt it? Nevertheless, this could be useful info for a few. Squirrel is going to need to pick up his/her game – ’cause merely relying on the other side to fail isn’t necessarily a winning strategy. +1 for Gavin.
4. Drawing attention to being on national TV – that’s a fair Tweet. +1 for Gavin.
5. Denying Miss California USA (people always leave out that “USA” part) her due, really? The People Have Spoken, so the only appropriate response is to have your people contact her people and book an agreeable date +1 for Squirrel.
6. OTOH, using Twitter to conduct the poll itself is a GUOT (Good Use of Twitter). +1 for Gavin.
7. See #6 Above. +1 for Gavin.
8. Does Shai Agassi really believe he’s going to save the world with his “battery replacement scheme?” His sweeping statements are redolent of Charlie Manson’s as well as other charismatic, messianic leaders’. Refreshingly, Squirrel lacks certainty that A Better Place is the only Path to the Future. Shouldn’t we save taxpayers dollars for more useful things, like subsidizing the real estate industry? A big +1 for Squirrel.
9. Again with teh Agassi? +1 for Squirrel.
10. Are 385,000 Followers really reading this message for just one person? All right, if that’s how Twitter works, that’s how it works. +1 for Gavin.
11. Again with teh Agassi? +1 for Squirrel.
Well, this one was a squeaker, but it appears that Gavin Newsom’s Tweets are more useful than Squirrel’s.