All the deets:
“The Presidio Trust invites the public to consider the future of the former Commissary at Crissy Field, which is currently occupied by Sports Basement. The Trust’s longstanding objective has been to create a cultural institution of distinction at this magnificent waterfront location. Now that the area is being transformed by the new approach to the Golden Gate Bridge (a project known as the Presidio Parkway), the time is right to plan for the future of this area.
In November 2012 the Presidio Trust issued a Request for Concept Proposals (RFCP). Sixteen responses were submitted. After considering public comment and engaging with a number of the teams directly, the Trust invited three teams to continue in the process via a Request for Proposals (RFP) that was issued in May 2013. Final proposals are due September 16, 2013. The teams are:
- The Bridge/Sustainability Institute – proposed by the Chora Group and WRNS
- Lucas Cultural Arts Museum – proposed by George Lucas
- Presidio Exchange – proposed by the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
Join us at Informational Open Houses July 29 – 31
Drop in, meet the project teams, and engage in one-on-one discussion about this remarkable opportunity. The Open Houses will be held at the Observation Post (211 Lincoln Boulevard, near the Post Office on the Main Post). Three sessions will be offered on each day: 8:30am to 10am; 11:30am to 1pm; and 6:30pm to 8pm.
The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, July 29 - Lucas Cultural Arts Museum
- Tuesday, July 30 - Bridge/Sustainability Center
- Wednesday, July 31 - Presidio Exchange
If you have any questions, please email the Presidio Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 2012: The Presidio Trust initiates a Request for Concept Proposals (RFCP) process to explore programmatic possibilities for the former Commissary.
- Early March 2013: Sixteen teams submit concepts for consideration. View all proposals >>
- April 2013: The public comments on the initial ideas are received at a public meeting of the Presidio Trust Board of Directors.
- May 10, 2013: The Presidio Trust issues a request for more detailed proposals (view theRequest for Proposals) to three of the teams.
- June 17, 2013: The three teams present their ideas at a public meeting. View transcript >>
- July 29-31, 2013: Informational Open Houses to be held.
- September 16, 2013: Proposals are due.