Posts Tagged ‘surfer’
Video: San Francisco Surfer Attacks BMW and Mercedes: “Angry hippie kicking in my mirror at Ocean Beach in SF”Monday, April 28th, 2014
Here’s video of this recent affair in the outer Outer Sunset District.
And here’s a screengrab of one of the mirror grabs:
And here’s some convo, but, whatever you do, don’t ID the hippie as “Cricket,” else your comment will get pulled from the Reddit.
All right, here we go:
1. It seems very unlikely to me that the dirty, dirty hippie had a clean signal to even make it to the median – either he didn’t notice or he didn’t care.
2. Having said that, he was in the crosswalk when the lights went green, so the drivers needed to wait for him to clear. Technically, he wasn’t in the crosswalk “legally,” but it’s really tough for drivers to know this info at the time, and, in any event, drivers aren’t allowed to crash into peds on purpose, so what’s the point of all this honking and rolling.
3. What makes all of this especially stupid is that the lights on the so-called Great Highway are timed for a certain speed, so if you want you can just safely set your cruise control and be done. Except in this case, the Golden Gods in these German Chariots went faster than what the lights are timed for, oh well.
4. Having said that, I would have given this dude a wide berth and he wouldn’t have gotten any of my mirrors. (Maybe instead he would have pulled a Sig Sauer from his groinal region and shot me down dead, sure, but he wouldn’t have gotten at my mirrors.)
5. Oh, and snaps to all the other drivers – they managed to not plow their Audis and whatnot into stopped traffic
All three of these dudes is crazy – they’re all guilty guilty guilty.
Frat dudes is like Juggalos
“We first reported on the film about a year ago when we learned that Hanson was developing a movie based on the late legendary surfer Jay Moriarty and that Sean Penn was considering the Hesson role. According to Variety, the story will center on Moriarty’s “quest to ride the iconic Northern California break known as Mavericks, where winter swells bring in treacherous waves the size of five-story buildings.”
O. K. then.
Penn would play “Rick ‘Frosty’ Hesson, an ex-lifeguard, champion swimmer and mentor to the tragic Moriarty.”
That’s pretty much all the detail that’s out there right now. They’re still just talking about it.
Kitsesurfing around the Golden Gate Bridge can be dangerous, but that doesn’t seem to slow people down.
From last week. Click to expand:
Here’s what it looks like from below.
Let’s be careful out there…