As seen on the I-80
Posts Tagged ‘suv’
How to Make a Pay Package Worth Over $300K per Year: Become an “Incident Support Specialist” – Drive an SUV for the SFFD?Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Here you go – a couple years worth of pay data for SFGov’s Incident Support Specialists:
(All of these ISS people are at the SFFD AFAIK.)
So, what does an ISS do?
Here’s my guess – drive SUVs about Frisco.
Now let’s do a search for ISS:
“A fire chief’s vehicle, also called a “chief unit” or a “fire chief’s car”, “Fly Car”, “Fly Vehicle”, a “fire car”, or sometimes even called a “Buggy” (a throw back to horse drawn days), is a car, truck, or SUV that is used by a fire chief at fire scenes.”
“Each fire chief’s vehicle can be driven/operated by an assistant to the Fire Chief, Deputy Chief, Division Chief or Battalion Chief known as a Chief’s Driver, Chief’s Aide, Chief’s Operator, or Incident Support Specialist.”
So, if you spend 60-something hours a week driving people about Frisco in a Ford Expedition or a Chevy Suburban, you can make about ten times as much laboring as an SFGov Incident Support Specialist than as a driver for the Lyft or the Uber.
Do I have that right?
A StreetsBlog Felony, an “Urbanist’s” Nightmare: SF Rec and Park Jungle Gym Teaches Kids to Love SUV’sMonday, December 1st, 2014
It took me a while to figure this one out. OK, here’s the Children’s Quarter, aka the Koret something-or-other, in Golden Gate Park:
See? It’s a Jeep SUV, complete with a steering wheel, horn button, headlights, trademark grill and a three-on-the-tree gear shift. You could actually use this thing to begin to teach somebody how to drive.
Oh, how I weep! You see, instead, this should be a bicycle simulator, complete with handlebars and Shimano Alivio shifters, right man?
I hope nobody from Park Slope ever sees this, man…
San Francisco’s Only Real “Gated Community” is Presidio Terrace – The Gates are Always Open But There’s a Guard to Keep You OutFriday, July 11th, 2014
But dividing the cost of a security guard among 20-something families is prolly pretty expensive, so at other times there’s only an empty SUV posted as sentry.
Click to expand
And best of all, the place is Caucasians-only, sort of:
“In a small brochure, Object Lessons in Homebuilding, developers Baldwin and Howell promoted racial covenants as part of a set of deed covenants attached to a model planned gated suburb, Presidio Terrace. Deed covenants were used to ensure protection from the nuisances of uncontrolled growth following the 1906 earthquake and to create a community of “Caucasians” only in Presidio Terrace. Among such progressive urban design amenities as underground utilities, asphalt roads for automobiles, and private picturesque streets, racial covenants guaranteed racial homogeneity as an integral part of desirable suburban housing. Baldwin and Howell marketed Presidio Terrace lots by focusing comparatively on the settlement of Japanese immigrants in the Western Addition district of San Francisco as undesirable and blighted by racial pathologies.”
Many San Francisco Cars Prevented from Parking on Lincoln Out in the Sunset: “NO PARKING VEHICLES OVER 6′ HIGH” SignsFriday, June 20th, 2014
So this sign is a real thing but I don’t know what its purpose is.
It would appear to prevent something like Mayor Gavin Newsom’s old Chevy Tahoe SUV from parking on Lincoln:
Click to expand
Video: San Francisco Surfer Attacks BMW and Mercedes: “Angry hippie kicking in my mirror at Ocean Beach in SF”Monday, April 28th, 2014
Here’s video of this recent affair in the outer Outer Sunset District.
And here’s a screengrab of one of the mirror grabs:
And here’s some convo, but, whatever you do, don’t ID the hippie as “Cricket,” else your comment will get pulled from the Reddit.
All right, here we go:
1. It seems very unlikely to me that the dirty, dirty hippie had a clean signal to even make it to the median – either he didn’t notice or he didn’t care.
2. Having said that, he was in the crosswalk when the lights went green, so the drivers needed to wait for him to clear. Technically, he wasn’t in the crosswalk “legally,” but it’s really tough for drivers to know this info at the time, and, in any event, drivers aren’t allowed to crash into peds on purpose, so what’s the point of all this honking and rolling.
3. What makes all of this especially stupid is that the lights on the so-called Great Highway are timed for a certain speed, so if you want you can just safely set your cruise control and be done. Except in this case, the Golden Gods in these German Chariots went faster than what the lights are timed for, oh well.
4. Having said that, I would have given this dude a wide berth and he wouldn’t have gotten any of my mirrors. (Maybe instead he would have pulled a Sig Sauer from his groinal region and shot me down dead, sure, but he wouldn’t have gotten at my mirrors.)
5. Oh, and snaps to all the other drivers – they managed to not plow their Audis and whatnot into stopped traffic
All three of these dudes is crazy – they’re all guilty guilty guilty.
Frat dudes is like Juggalos
This is How You Store Your Broken-Down Relic of a Car in the Richmond – Or It’s a Scene from the Planet of the Apes Sequel?Thursday, September 12th, 2013
It sort of looked like this:
Click to expand
If I ever got this desperate for parking, at least I’d curb my wheels, you know, by turning the steering wheel all the way to the right, just saying.
Old Mercedes Benzes Never Die, They Just Go To the Western Addition – Introducing the New Mexico Mercedes MilitiaFriday, May 24th, 2013
Let’s see here, we’ve got a G-Wagen, another G-Wagen, A W123 and another W123
Click to expand
I know there’s something going on, but I don’t know what it is.