Posts Tagged ‘tongue’
If you’re a student or faculty member at U.C. Berkeley, then you’re invited to see Bill Clinton on February 24th, 2010. The subject will be:
Admission is free for students, but faculty and staff will have to fork over $45 each. (Can you believe it? It would be cheaper for them to spend a night at Gump Station in the South Pacific.)
The rush for free tickets starts at 7:00 AM, February 18th, 2010. See you there!
Sadly, despite the words of touchy, touchy CityBright Zennie62, students, faculty and/or staff won’t be able to help you, a non-UC Berkelian, get a seat. Actually, it will be tough for the students themselves to get a ticket online.
But if you do get in, don’t be surprised if Bill shows up late, just like the last time he came to the bay area to do a big public address. Bill was late late late. Even the Mayor of San Francisco was reduced to gesticulations after being repeatedly lied to by Bill’s people about Bill’s arrival time back in 2006. Gavin’s coping strategy was to keep pointing at his watch to note the lateness of the hour. Like this:
Oh, here’s Bill:
The Blum Center for Developing Economies, University of California, Berkeley is pleased to announce that President Bill Clinton will speak to UC Berkeley students, staff, and faculty about Global Citizenship: Turning Good Intentions into Positive Action at 3:30 p.m. February 24 at UC Berkeley’s Zellerbach Auditorium. Doors will open at 3 p.m.
Tickets for this event can be obtained online only.
UC Berkeley students:
Tickets to the February 24 talk
- UC Berkeley student tickets, which are free, can be ordered online starting at 7 a.m. February 18 up until midnight. This event is not open to the general public. Limit of one ticket per person.
- Tickets that are not sold from the faculty/staff inventory will be available to UC Berkeley students for free beginning at noon on February 20. (Please check back at that time to determine if additional tickets are available.)
- To order a ticket, go to http://cal.berkeley.edu/President-Bill-Clinton-Lecture where you will be asked to enter your CalNet ID and password before being directed to the ticket site. This site will be activated at 7 a.m. February 18.
- No phone or in person sales.
- A Cal Student ID will be required at the door on the day of the event.
- We expect high demand for this event; please be patient with the website and do not use your browser’s back button during the ordering process.
- Tickets must be picked up at the Zellerbach Hall Will Call window at Zellerbach Auditorium on February 23 from noon until 5:30 p.m. or on February 24 from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. When picking up tickets, all guests will be asked to present their Cal Student ID.
- PLEASE NOTE: You risk forfeiture of your ticket, if you do not pick it up by 1 p.m. on Wednesday, February 24, 2010.
Persons or orders that violate the limit of one ticket per person will be canceled without notice. No name changes, exchanges, cancellations, or refunds permitted. Tickets are non-transferable and seating assignment will be random. Tickets should be treated like cash; they are not replaceable if lost, stolen, damaged, or otherwise rendered unreadable. Ticket re-sale is strictly prohibited.
- ADA accommodations must be requested at the time of purchase. Sign language interpreters will be present.
- All patrons subject to search and magnetic screening prior to entry. There will be no bags, backpacks, signs, banners, cameras, recording devices, food nor beverages permitted. The organizers reserve the right to prohibit any item not explicitly mentioned in this list.
Ever more deets, after the jump.