“Of all 44 hospitals in the San Francisco, California metropolitan area, the 14 listed below are the top-ranking. This metro area, also called the Bay Area, includes Oakland and Fremont.
1. UCSF Medical Center — San Francisco, CA
2. John Muir Medical Center — Walnut Creek, CA
3. California Pacific Medical Center — San Francisco, CA
4. John Muir Medical Center — Concord, CA
5. Alta Bates Summit Medical Center — Berkeley, CA
5. Seton Medical Center — Daly City, CA
7. Kaiser Foundation Hospital — Antioch, CA
7. Kaiser Foundation Hospital — Walnut Creek, CA
7. Kaiser Foundation Hospital — Oakland, CA
7. Kaiser Permanente San Francisco — San Francisco, CA
7. Mills-Peninsula Health Services — Burlingame, CA
7. San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center — San Francisco, CA
7. Sequoia Hospital — Redwood City, CA
7. Washington Hospital — Fremont, CA
Click on over for all the deets. They look like this:
Click to expand
And UCSF Benioff Children”s Hospital is tops in its field in the Bay Area.
This whole thing is a national deal with many more urban areas covered, including:
And you people down in San Joser haven’t been left out – you all have your own list. It’s topped by Stanford Hospital, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, and the Regional Medical Center of San Jose. South Bay in the hiz-ouse.
Anyway, read what UCSF has to say about all this, after the jump