Here’s the official sign:
And here’s the unofficial one:
Together, they don’t add up.
Is this garden a thing? I wasn’t aware.
Anyway, when SFGov turns down your proposal to do something with some unused property just “temporary,” well, this is the reason why SFGov says no no no.
Anyway, this place is still there, for now
“San Francisco history lovers:
A notice that’s a bit overdue: I haven’t recorded a podcast for years, now, and the chances that I’ll return to this project are slim.
That said, I’m committed to leaving ALL THESE PODCASTS online – as a resource for San Franciscans, of course, but also for lovers of this fascinating city from all around the world.
Peruse the list (over there on the right) for hours and hours of San Francisco stories, trivia, and history.
And thanks for listening!”
Here it is, from a the guy who wants to replace District One Supervisor Eric Mar.
JOIN THE SFCTA AND SFMTA FOR A GEARY CORRIDOR
BUS RAPID TRANSIT PROJECT UPDATE!
The Geary Corridor Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Project is a cost-effective way to improve bus service and enhance street conditions for Geary from Downtown to the Outer Richmond. Based on community input and ongoing technical evaluation, the project team is identifying a staff-recommended alternative for initial feedback.
Japanese Cultural and Community Center of Northern California (JCCCNC)
1840 Sutter Street
Thursday, January 30, 6:00–8:00 PM
The Transportation Authority is leading the environmental study, in partnership with the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA). The Study Team and other public agencies are working collaboratively with the Geary BRT Citizens Advisory Comittee (GCAC), as well as inviting public participation through community meetings.
First came the Trayvon protesters, down Market Street.
Then came the workers who put up plywood sheets.
Then came the taggers.
Then the plywood got painted over.
Then glaziers did a proper repair job, just yesterday.
Click to expand
Renoir Hotel, Market Street:
Click to expand
When are these ladies going to stop?
Here ya go, it’s Down and Out in Mid-Market:
1. Do you see that “Market Street Specials” graphic, The Bold Italic? It’s better than anything you’ve ever done* since you came to town to try to make money hawking made-in-San-Fran goods to clueless tourists and your fellow newcomers, you dig? It serves THE READER, right? Oh, what’s that, TBI? Your job is to lose millions upon millions year after year to serve up a fat tax break for your corporate masters Back East? Well, mission accomplished.
2. And srsly, I don’t think it’s the job of SFGov-funded COMMUNITY AMBASSADORS to confiscate food in the Twitterloin.
3. Uh, the vast majority of food market food comes on 18-wheelers, you know, on pallets and stuff. (Speaking of corporate tax breaks…)
4. Adieu, writer Albert Samaha? It’s been real.
5. And finally, ah memories. Find the Crispy Hexagons cereal and win: