I don’t know, man, but here’s your 68-pound, $4800 cargo bike from NTS Works:
Click to expand
It’s new, it’s you, maybe.
All the deets of today’s debut:
“Introducing NTS Works’ electric 2×4 Cargo Bike
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 4, 2013
It rides like a bicycle and works like a pick-up truck. The revolutionary electric 2×4 Cargo Bike is using patent-pending technology to deliver more than 100 pounds of goods to customers in urban centers where vehicles either can’t go due to traffic congestion or can’t park due to high cost in time and money.
Creators at NTS Works, a start-up company based in Santa Cruz, Calif., are using their experience as founders, inventors, designers and battery technology developers at Zero Motorcycles to produce the 2×4 (pronounced “two-by-four”) electric cargo delivery bicycle.
Where and When:
– NTS Works founder and CEO Neal Saiki will be in San Jose/San Francisco
on Wednesday, Sept. 4 and Thursday, Sept. 5 with the 2×4 Cargo Bike.
– Neal will be available for media interviews to talk about the bike and
his experience as founder of NTS Works, and his technical and business
background as founder of Zero Motorcycles.
– Neal can be reached by mobile phone at 831.247.2015, or via email:
neal@NTSWorks.com; media inquiries can be directed to Michael Coates
(408.399.9081 or email@example.com or Tom Fulks (916.508.3837 or
firstname.lastname@example.org) of Mightycomm.
– Technology story:
– The 2×4 Cargo Bike’s revolutionary design carries up to eight bags
of groceries, or more than 100 pounds of cargo.
– It handles just like a regular bike under load. What sets 2×4 Cargo
Bike apart from other delivery bikes is the new and unique way of
steering the cargo. The patent-pending steering mechanism – unlike
anything currently available in the biking world – places the cargo
load directly over the front wheel for the best possible balance,
handling and maneuverability in tight urban environments.
– The 2×4 pedal assist senses the rider’s energy/power needs and adds
three levels of power for flats, hills and acceleration.
– The 2×4′s battery technology uses the highest quality lithium ion
cells available, with 500 watt hours for a real world range of 30
miles. The battery has a lifetime warranty, which no other e-bike
– The 2×4 Cargo Bike is a real bicycle, in that it requires pedaling
to move forward. A steady and maintainable workout is provided to
the rider regardless of cycling skill. The 2×4′s smart pedal sensor
design provides just enough juice to get up grades without the rider
having to get out of the saddle, stand on the pedals and grind out a
– Entrepreneur story: Neal Saiki is the founder of Zero Motorcycles, a
successful electric motorcycle company, and an inventor (battery
technology is one of his areas of expertise). Neal is a lifelong cyclist
and has applied his knowledge to designing and building an electric
bicycle that works for the task at hand and meets a need at a reasonable
– Environmental story: The 2×4 Cargo Bike is on the leading edge for
environmentally sound local delivery in urban areas, offering zero
emissions, pedal power with an electric assist (for hills, etc.), new
battery technology and a new, smart way to deliver goods in congested
– Coolness story: This is a really great bike. You’ve just got to see it
to appreciate the creative design and ride it under load to appreciate
how totally awesome it is.
SOURCE NTS Works
Web Site: http://www.zeromotorcycles.com